Randstad Technologies is looking for a Jr. Production Artist for their client's awesome organization here in Scottsdale, AZ. This is a fast paced, growing, super fun environment!
This person will be responsible for creating production-ready files for various purposes (primarily digital) and customized artwork proofs. This is a technical position and will require a demonstrated ability to follow specs, work within a template, and adherence to brand guidelines.
The Jr. Production Artist is responsible for diagnosing and solving problems related to file quality, color matching, missing links or fonts, and formatting. Candidates must be highly skilled in Adobe Creative Suite. The ideal candidate will be a result-focused self-starter, with an ability to multi-task with efficiency, giving meticulous attention to detail. REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 1-3 years of design experience in an in-house creative department or agency preferred.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and manage time
- Understanding of contemporary graphic design, layout, color and typography
- Composition and design fundamentals
- Print and digital media assets
- Commitment to production schedules, deadlines, efficiency and quality
- Critical thinker, enjoys problem solving and finding solutions
Critical thinker, enjoys problem solving and finding solutions
- Knowledge of file formatting: size, resolution, vector vs. raster, CMYK vs. RGB, spot color vs. process, bleed/trim/live area, the difference between file types and what they are used for - PDF, EPS, JPG, PNG, BMP, AVI, etc.
- The ability to diagnose and solve problems related to file quality, color matching, missing links or fonts, and formatting
- Creating layouts, proofing and retouching art
- Working with vector files, recreating logos
- Knowing when to convert type to outlines in Illustrator
- Listening, verbal and written communication skills are very important
- Up-to-date knowledge of industry software
location: Scottsdale, Arizona
job type: Contract
salary: $19 - 21 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Customize artwork for multiple clients working within a template
- Create error-proof production-ready files for various projects (digital & print)
- Save work in a structured, organized way following naming conventions
- Save work to the correct sizes and formats needed for different purposes, follow specifications
- Create mockups in photoshop, superimposed images
- Create artwork proofs
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Graphic Design
- Web Design
- Web Design
- Adobe creative suite
- digital media
- vector files
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.