As a SR Site Reliability Engineer with our client, you'll be responsible for the support of our test and production environments, including physical, virtual, and network infrastructure, as well as applications and associated data sources.
If you're the kind of engineer that is comfortable in a hybrid compute environment split about 50/50 between Windows Server and Linux, and want to join an organization that is growing rapidly and transforming their technical stack in all the right ways, read on!
location: SACRAMENTO, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $98,400 - 130,300 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
1. Applies foundational knowledge to operationalize
2. software/systems engineering development in a DevOps team environment and
in the design of reliable, scalable, and observable distributed systems in the Data
Platforms and Infrastructure space.
2. *Provides input in scaling the product design architecture to support growth in IT
development while keeping systems fast and reliable.
3. *Contributes to the development and implementation to expand infrastructure and
systems capacity across multiple platforms.
4. *Implements monitoring and alerting tools that can keep track of both system-level
and business-level performance, and ensure that service disruptions are minimized.
5. *Ensures that everything that goes to production from software or systems
engineering complies with a set of general requirements like diagrams, runbooks,
scripts or other methods for troubleshooting and resolving service disruptions,
dependencies of other services, monitoring and logging plans, backups and possible
high availability setups.
6. *Provides methods to expand the configuration and container management
infrastructure to enable rapid deployment of new services.
7. *Collaborates with security engineering to perform security audits and assist in
making recommendations/improvements to keep IT systems secure.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Database Administration
- scripting (5 years of experience is required)
- Linux (5 years of experience is required)
- Windows (5 years of experience is required)
- Azure (5 years of experience is required)
- SQL Database admin (5 years of experience is preferred)
- Oracle (5 years of experience is required)
- VMWARE (5 years of experience is preferred)
- DevOps (4 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.