The primary focus of an Engineer is to design, build, and continuously improve systems and technologies ensuring high availability and performance.
- Support 24x7x365 production systems as needed with the ability to problem solve in familiar systems and applications. Reach out to other engineers as needed.
- Demonstrate a high sense of ownership in all phases of lifecycle management from design, development, testing, issue resolution and ongoing production support and maintenance.
- Proactively seek input, test thoroughly, walkthrough system artifacts and provide training to appropriate team members.
- Provide exceptional customer support. Escalate to management as needed.
- Ability to translate business requirements, designs and guidelines into high quality and secure system solutions. System Design is carried forward to deliverables.
- Proactively reduce risk of outages and bottlenecks, enhance business continuity. Engage in long-term planning instead of reacting to issues with familiar systems and applications.
- Develop awareness of enterprise solutions and leverage them to provide the best value to the organization.
- Responsible for maintaining administrative, technical, and physical security controls on all systems that are owned or maintained by this role.
- Responsible for preserving the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data that is stored, processed, or transmitted on systems that are owned or maintained by this role.
- Responsible for following all policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines of the company, including those related to data security
location: Westlake, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 45 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Experienced in .NET web framework, .NET Code.
- Experienced in PowerShell development.
- Experience with .Net and web application libraries and frameworks such as Bootstrap.
- Experienced in object-oriented programming using Java.
- Experienced with containerization using Docker or similar.
- Experienced with Agile software development.
- Data Modeling - Able to design basic database objects including table, keys, procedures.
- Experienced with unit testing and implementing automated testing.
- Experience in developing RESTful web services.
- Experience in design principles in building scalable applications.
- Experience with windows forms and console application development.
- Experience with database frameworks (Dapper).
- Provide level 3 support for Shop related requests.
- Work with 3rd parties to troubleshoot high-level issues.
- Function as a liaison to Technical Support Team and 3rd party vendors to provide insight to solutions, integration, and implementation specifics.
- Assist with implementation related projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills such as e-mails and design documents
- Excellent analytical aptitude with a proven ability to analyze/interpret data
- Well-organized, methodical thinker with exccellent decision-making skills
- strong and creative problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple priorities
- Adopt a continuous improvement mindset. Increasing your knowledge and learning.
- Aware of industry trends and direction, and proactively prepare for them.
- strong drive for results and meeting deadlines.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- System Engineer
- RESTful API
- SOAP API
- SERVICE NOW
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.