We're looking for a Senior PHP developer focused on API development for an ongoing array of projects. At a high level, we are building a new small team of developers to augment an existing team. We're going to focus on product integrations with the existing technology platform.
The right person has a thorough understanding of the full development lifecycle and has had experience building RESTful APIs in the past. We are a team of technology product innovators with a long history of successful applications, and we're looking for someone we can work with for a multitude of products.
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Extensive knowledge of how web semantics translate into a REST API
- Hands on experience interpreting API specifications and codifying processes to use partner APIs
- Experience programming and delivering in a production environment
- Expertise working with data structures and algorithmsKnowledge of XML
- Thorough hands on experience delivering solutions using PHP, mySQL
- Demonstrated skills performing unit testing as part of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experienced with preparing detailed level documentation of technical deliveries
- Experienced in consuming API specifications of various quality and completeness, asking probing questions and anticipating issues.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
This team will be responsible for interacting with external coverage providers (carriers) of various sizes and sophistication. The position will participate in collaborative efforts with internal and external stakeholders and represent the technical competence of the organization. We prize good teamwork. Excellent communication skills and professionalism are required.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- PHP (5 years of experience is required)
- AWS (5 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.