Jr. Character Technical Artist
job summary: Jr. Character Technical Artist needed for contract role with Randstad Technologies client in Redmond, WA.
A renowned game studio is looking for an early in career Character Technical Artist to join the team. A Jr. Character Technical Artist develops tools/frameworks/workflows, solves technical production issues, and creates believable deformations on characters. Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in Computer Science, Commercial Art, or related fields.
- Knowledge in Python and MEL.
- Knowledge of Maya for animation and rigging.
- Knowledge of Animation principles and Kinematics.
- Solid foundation in human anatomy and mechanical principles.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Work well under deadlines and multi-tasks. Is self-motivated and self-reliant.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
location: Redmond, Washington
job type: Contract
salary: $21 - 31 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Collaborate with engineering, design, and art to achieve project goals.
- Become an expert in workflows and pipelines, identifying simplifications and improvements, and contribute to achieve those improvements.
- Demonstrates, communicates, and exemplifies quality of work, productivity, and professionalism to the team.
- Develop tools, scripts, plugins to streamline processes.
- Review team code to ensure high-quality development.
- Excel as a team player and strive to maximize team/department performance and collaboration.
- Identify lacking areas and contribute to documentation and tutorials.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.