This is an amazing opportunity to go perm at a large enterprise organzation, This is a remote, however must live on east coast. The Scrum Masters job is to lead the team to deliver maximum value to the customer. The primary responsibilities are to serve the team and product owner in turning requirements into the working software, track progress and help the team achieve their commitments and goals.
Scrum Masters facilitate daily stand-ups and scrum events supporting the team in following the Scrum framework. This Scrum Master role will also handle some more traditional project management duties including: scope definition, resource balancing, communication of status to executives, clients and partners, budget oversight and risk/issue management. Must have project management background and experience.
location: Madison, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 53 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- strongly serving and supporting the Product Owner and Scrum Team
- Servant Leadership -Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example. This person should personify Scrum and Agile.
- Guiding and Coaching the Scrum Team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices & values
- Guiding and Coaching both the Scrum Team on how to get the most out of self-organization
- Guiding and Coaching both the Scrum Team to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Ensure product quality expectations are defined and known across the team.
-Track progress and help the team achieve their commitments.
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right resources to remove the impediment.
-Progress is monitored daily when problems are identified work with team to develop corrective actions. ---Manage and report the status of scope, schedule, resourcing and financials.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution and all scrum events
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to refining(aka grooming) and managing the product backlog and road mapping
-Collaborate with the team in scheduling work, including defect remediation and refactoring, guarding against the accumulation of technical debt.
-Work with technical team and product owner balancing the interests of both when issues arise.
-Guide team meetings including sprint pre/planning meetings, daily scrum and sprint review meetings. Facilitate retrospective discussions and support continuous improvement efforts.
-Limit the external interference the team must deal with.
-Tracking the budget and product metrics
-Ensure transparency and collaboration across the team and other teams working with
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.