job summary: Project Overview:
The Material Design Team at Google is a team of designers, writers, engineers, and producers whose mission is to empower designers and developers to do their best work. Our primary focus is building out and evolving Material Design, a system for thinking about UX. Top Responsibilities:
- Ensure all content is cohesive and error-free with an eye for consistency, grammar, tone, and technical accuracy.
- Assist leads in writing, editing, and structuring design guidelines and conducting full copy edits for all content.
- Assist in synthesizing and executing IA changes, identifying gaps, and migrating content.
- Bachelor's degree. 4-6 years of editing/copy editing experience.
- Excellent writing and copy editing skills. Technical writing experience.
- Commensurate experience in the tech, design, & product development space.
- Familiarity with CMS (Content Management Systems) and design tooling.
- Familiarity with Material Design or the design tooling and systems space
location: New York, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 52 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
As a copy editor on the Material Design team, you will be responsible for working with the Material content leads to help deliver the next Material Design system update.
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.