job summary: Duties:
Our goal is to bring in new guests by expanding the reach and capabilities of our digital gift card program. We're a full stack team, responsible for both the gift card digital purchase experience as well as the backend systems that power gift card redemption. We see gifting as a big revenue driver for us, and we're looking for senior full stack engineers that can meaningfully contribute to the expansion of this product vertical immediately and over the next several years. This role involves leadership to design and own end-to-end gift card offerings, with opportunities to build and scale payments backend. Skills:
- 5+ years industry experience
- Experience with Java / Scala is preferred
- Passion for delivering products end-to-end, from ideation through planning and scoping to implementation
- Exposure to architectural patterns of large, high-scale web applications, such as well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, and efficient algorithms.
- Experience or desire to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams with design, product, data science, operations, and research partners.
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
location: SAN FRANCISCO, California
job type: Contract
salary: $70 - 96 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
As a Full Stack Software Engineer on the Payments team, you'll play a foundational role as we aim to expand our nascent Gift Cards program into an international program that drives a new revenue stream for Client. Full Stack engineers work closely with world class product managers, data scientists, designers, and engineers.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.