job summary: Senior Technical Business Manager needed for contract role with Randstad Technologies client in Redmond, WA.
The team is looking for a Senior Business Manager to support the system engineering organization and bridge communication and alignment with the executive office.
The Senior Business Manager will be a member of the leadership team and requires someone who has a strategic, business mindset and a bias for action; thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; and easily partners successfully with a wide group of stakeholders, from senior leaders to individual contributors and support staff.
You will partner across the engineering leaders, executive office, HR, administration, finance and other teams to help us effectively and efficiently operate a complex and diverse organization.
Successful candidates should have experience working directly with hardware and software engineers and a proven capability for business program management, organizational skills, culture and change management experience and an ability to execute in a fast-paced and ever-evolving environment. Basic Qualification:
- 5+ years of experience in a high paced environment in Business Management or Data Analytics or Information Systems
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering Discipline Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience working with engineering teams.
- Engineering degree preferred, degrees in Business Management, Data Analytics, Information Systems and Supply Chain acceptable
- Proven capabilities to drive positive business results through cross-group collaboration and partnerships.
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal) with ability to create and deliver executive friendly communications on complex solutions.
- Ability to interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups spanning all organizational levels.
- Ability to transform complicated data sets into clear stories that are relevant to the business need.
- strong critical thinking, attention to detail and resolution in sometimes ambiguous situations
- Hands on experience with transformation strategies, major systems deployments, network engineering and proposing executive level transformation programs.
- Proven leadership with complex, cross functional projects including setting scope, reaching consensus, execution, and presenting results.
- Must be a someone who is proactive in identifying process challenges and proactively driving improvements.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate across internal organizations to drive the right decisions for Microsoft.
- Work independently to balance multiple tasks and competing priorities simultaneously.
- Effectively lead cross-organizational meetings to lead teams to consensus and/or decisions to maintain project schedules
location: Redmond, Washington
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 40 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Create and manage the rhythm of business (ROB), including business reviews, technical reviews, annual planning, leadership staff meetings, cross-organizational business reporting, etc. to help the business and technology development run smoothly and effectively.
- Translate engineering and business requirements into a strategy for systems solutions
- Identify, develop, and manage strategic business relationships, processes and programs.
- Lead continuous improvement of business process and systems implementations, manage project governance, including portfolio planning and prioritization
- Drive operational Excellence across the organization, planning, implementing, and monitoring projects that improve team efficiency.
- Work across a wide group of stakeholders to ensure timely, high quality and consistent completion of business operation activities across the org to achieve overall business and cultural priorities.
- Develop high impact communications for executive, manager-level, and organization-wide audiences.
- Develop and manage organizational assets including Walking decks, Org. Polices & Procedures, Team web sites, SharePoint sites, and Teams channels.
- Lead and execute organization wide strategic initiatives and change management projects.
- Streamline reporting goals, develop, and maintain comprehensive ASE KPIs for product development, cost, efficiencies, schedule, and influence internal stakeholders on KPIs.
- Drive Employee Engagement efforts including but not limited to Recognition, Awards and Feedback programs/surveys, MS Poll and People Planning efforts across the org to achieve overall business and cultural priorities.
- Lead and orchestrate Resource Management, Planning and FY Priorities process.
- Plan and organize content for All hands meetings, Offsites, LT meetings and Business Reviews.
- Drive our University Engagement efforts and support end to end process.
- Partner with other stakeholders within the team and Azure organization to manage and drive special projects.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.