Our client is looking for a SharePoint System Administrator to join their operational SharePoint Systems team. This person will be responsible for providing SharePoint 2016 support and handling support tickets. They will work with users at all levels of the organization to resolve issues, and must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
location: Arlington, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 50 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: Job Description/ Duties:
Required Skills and Education:
- Provide technical systems support to team members across the enterprise for SharePoint Services.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and problem resolution by providing technical support for routine to complex issues reported to the SharePoint Service Desk Team.
- Use diagnostic and other tools to maintain, troubleshoot and restore service according to service level agreement criteria and identify gaps in current technology processes.
- Handle daily SharePoint support tasks including creating and configuring SharePoint sites, templates and designs, custom pages, lists, and libraries, managing site and item permissions
- Support migration activities from SharePoint 2016 on premise to the Cloud
- Act as a liaison between customers/business partners and technical organization by assisting in the planning or analysis of basic business problems to be solved with automated solutions and systems.
- Provide technical assistance and support in identifying and evaluating automated systems and related procedures that are cost effective and meet business requirements.
- Work with user groups to provide training, resolve questions, assess user needs and make necessary changes to the services.
- Maintain, form and perform quality checks of the automated systems.
- Assist in developing guidelines for use of services for both support teams and team member customers.
- Responsible for job automation, running batch jobs, running SQL scripts, reviewing logs, system and application monitoring, maintenance, patch management, software upgrades, file transfers, backups, incident/problem troubleshooting and support.
- Ensure the application layer is optimally configured for seamless integration and operability with OS, database, middleware, network, web services, and other interrelated technological components.
- Monitor and enforce compliance of regulatory requirements like Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and corporate information security policies which includes ensuring appropriate documentation for system configuration, change control, access control, and system logs.
Desired/Nice to Have Skills:
- 5+ years of SharePoint administration/ system support experience
- Experience with SharePoint (2013, 2016, & Online)
- Knowledgeable with SharePoint Site Collection Administrator Duties
- Strong technical competency in troubleshooting interdependent systems from the client side, related to SharePoint (network, active directory, software and browser) through the use of desktop troubleshooting tools.
- A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Systems Administration, and/or related field or equivalent experience, plus 5 years of related experience or Master's degree plus 3 years of related experience
- Excellent experience supporting critical application software (local, network installed and SaaS) to include medium to complex troubleshooting, research, ability to read and comprehend technical manuals, and maintain procedural documentation
- Familiar with Remedy ticket queue management and JIRA task managing system
- Great customer service focus.
- Ability to adapt and change in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Occasional after hours and weekend support
- Ability to train users in SharePoint skills
- PowerShell; Power Apps; Power Automate; InfoPath 2013; SharePoint Designer 2013 (Forms, Workflows)
- Knowledge working with all the associated SharePoint business intelligence services including PerformancePoint Service, Excel Services, Business Connectivity Services, and Visio Services.
- Ability to utilize the Power View add-in for Excel
- Experience using Integrated SQL Reporting Services (SSRS with SharePoint).
- Ability to create and configure a standard KPI and a scorecard
- Experience with the Dashboard Designer interface and know how to create and configure data connections/sources.
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- SHAREPOINT ADMIN
- System Admin
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.