Our client, an AAA gaming studio, has permanent opportunity for a Live Service Gaming Release Manager.
This role can sit in the Los Angeles area or Vancouver, Canada. Skills/Experience
- 5+ years working as a project manager;
- 3+ years of experience working in AAA game development or with a live service software with constant updates.
- Experience managing internal and external teams; you have many conflict resolution tools in your tool belt. You are comfortable talking across all levels of an organization; you always know the status of your project and can visualize that status for any audience. You understand the complexities and requirements of game production and how to manage them.
- Plan through all development stages from pre-pro, production, and launch
- Track and communicate project status, including risks and mitigation plans
- Manage communication with project leaders
- Scenario planning to guide the decision-making process
- Align all involved teams towards the outlined goals
- Guide your team to achieve milestones on time and to quality
- Create new processes and evaluate and evolve existing ones
- Ensure the teams have all the necessary information required to do their job
- Maintain an environment that encourages creativity and collaboration
location: Chatsworth, California
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
In this role you will manage the seasonal releases for our client's well known free-to-play game . As the primary QA point-of-contact for each season, you will work with other QA Managers/Directors across the QA and Development disciplines to coordinate the delivery of each release. This includes balancing of scope within capacity, tracking and reporting of progress, people mentorship, and the managing of risks/mitigations related to delivery.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
- Project Management
- live service software
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.