One of our Austin clients is seeking a Web Architect. An ideal candidate understands how to spot trends in both business and technology, and can translate them into architectural roadmaps that keep the business moving.
The Web Architect belongs to the Architecture team, but works closely with all development teams, as well as both Product and Marketing. The architect supports all of these teams by establishing standards and helping the teams build the best product in a fast-paced industry that's constantly changing.
- 10+ years of software development, with a specialization in web and mobile development
- Expert in frontend build infrastructure capable of communicating the trade-offs and relationships between webpack, Parcel, Rollup, esbuild, npm, Yarn, and Bazel
- Expert in web frameworks with mastery of React and testing Single Page Applications
- strong grasp of web fundamentals with a clear understanding of CDNs, network layers, HTML, CSS, JS, and application servers.
- Hands on experience building hybrid applications using Cordova or similar frameworks
- strong understanding of optimizing web and mobile apps for performance and security
- Familiarity with the Java ecosystem (nice to have, but really helps get things done here)
- Experience with designing and optimizing web and mobile applications in cloud environments, preferably AWS
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to weigh the needs of business and technical stakeholders, and to build alignment around your vision
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $150,000 - 175,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Technical Lead Responsibilities
- Drive the technology decisions for mobile and web platforms, supporting a wide range of internal, external, and white-labeled systems
- Manage the technical roadmaps for web and mobile platform teams
- Prototype technology and framework solutions for our web, iOS, and Android products
- Assist product delivery teams as a subject matter expert
- Teach/mentor team members on the evolution of the platform and web/mobile industry
- Evangelize approaches for building secure and accessible web/mobile applications
- Work with partners to understand and define how the system needs to change
- Meet with prospective solution providers to determine if and how we can leverage them
- Document how our systems work and why we have made key design decisions
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.