job summary: Tell us about your department:
Agile and product practices team. We have ~35 coaches supporting ~200 teams within D&T with product and agile principles and practices. We help teams with everything from product vision to product planning to product delivery. Project Description:
This candidate will support a product team within D&T in the Subscriptions area. Candidate will need to help the subscriptions team while they are undergoing a major replatforming effort. We need to help identify opportunities for agility. In addition, the ideal candidate can help with:
- Digital product definition
- Product Vision
- Optimizing product delivery
- Stakeholder alignment
location: Richfield, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $49 - 59 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Responsible for helping members of an Agile Team to apply Agile practices in the context of their specific project. The coach provides feedback on the Agile Team's current practice and helps them improve. Coaches have experience in applying Agile in a range of projects, organizations and industry types. Skills and Competencies:
Experience being an agile coach of multiple high-functioning agile teams, familiarity with multiple "flavors" of agile, including both process and engineering practices, pragmatic balance between "agile theory" and in-the-trenches decision-making on practices, strong facilitation skills and strong listening skills. Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
What are the top five skills and number of years of experience required to perform this job?
- Responsible for fostering a common development culture across the platform, spotting common problem and solution patterns which multiple teams can apply and helping teams learn from each other's experience.
- Works with multiple teams intermittently (e.g. PM Team, Arch Team, Delivery Teams, Leadership Team), facilitates team sessions (e.g. charter, manifesto, retro), enabling all team members to participate fully as players, provides an outsider's perspective; reflects it back to each team constructively, facilitates cross-team communication and collaboration, promotes growth and maintenance of team process and dynamics, fosters a common culture across all the platform teams.
- 5-7 years of experience as an agile & product coach
- Facilitation skills
- Knowledge of software development and digital development practices
- Agile Coaching experience
- Scrum Master Experience
- Experience in matrixed environment
- Digital product experience What are some preferred/nice to have skills the manager is looking for?
- Consulting experience with a digital products agency
- Knowledge of human centered design principles
- Change management experience
- Experience moving teams from project management to agile and product management
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Agile Methodology
- Scrum Master
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.