This individual will primarily serve by providing timely and accurate data, process and system analysis for improving transportation efficiencies. The initial focus for this position will be with the Transportation Management System.
This role has three major categories of responsibilities:
- Business process analysis and improvement
- System setup, configuration and continuous improvement
- Training/mentoring of users on system best practices
- Documentation and testing of new features and functionality
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with the business community to perform functional analysis for designing solutions, evaluating options that include, but are not limited to: configuration of existing systems, business process redesign, new package/system evaluation or a combination of these options. Understand enough about each option to evaluate multiple options and recommend the best course of action based on requirements coverage and effort required.
- Develop expertise with the transportation management system (TMS).
- Evaluate existing business processes and identify areas for improvement.
- Continuous improvement to the business regarding the best-practice use of the TMS.
- Serve as an IT point person for addressing issues and enhancements related to the specific product and functional area.
- Work closely with business users to determine business requirements and translates them to system requirements.
- Responsible for making software configuration changes to support business processes.
- Responsible for the functional testing of the application (development and configuration) and the support of these applications when moved to production. Responsible for testing the solution and verifying that the production issue has indeed been resolved following implementation.
- Analyze production issues as necessary to determine the cause of the issue and determine the necessary course of action for resolution.
- Create and deliver user documentation as necessary to ensure proper use of changed and newly implemented efforts. Consider business processes and system interaction when creating this documentation. Determine proper delivery method for this communication: e.g. formal training, distribution of soft copy document, etc. Work with I/S training staff as necessary to ensure departmental consistency.
- Create business requirement document (BRD)
- Drives and own global TMS solution around key process areas. Owns the TMS solution design (global template) around the process areas and drive for global alignment.
- Review any region-specific requirements/exceptions and ensure TMS solution aligns with the global template.
Other Job Responsibilities:
Contribute to organization success.
- Keep management, other team members and other departmental employees aware of obstacles and status changes in a timely manner.
- Use proper judgment to determine when such communication is necessary.
- Consider the need for other team members to support their areas of responsibility and openly shares an understanding of these areas.
- Ensure his/her areas of expertise are covered when absent.
- Work with manager to proactively seek opportunities to improve skills and knowledge through training opportunities.
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times. Consistently interact professionally and work productively with all levels of Baxter employees. Follow Baxter's Code of Ethics and other corporate policies.
- High learning agility. Position will often require learning new areas of business and new software.
- 5+ years of experience with TMS or WMS Systems.
- strong experience with data analysis/design and systems analysis/design.
- Experience as Business Analyst preferred.
- Good communication skills. Able to communicate with business and I/S personnel (written and oral).
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Supply Chain/Logistics or similar.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
location: Round Lake, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $43 - 53 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Experience with transportation management systems a big plus
- Experience with warehouse management systems a plus
- Direct experience in transportation operations/distribution environment.
- Engineering or Systems experience.
- MS Excel, Word, Access
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Transportation Systems
- transportation management
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.