Our client in the greater Austin area is looking to fill a 4 month contract position for an IAM Engineer. They are looking for people who are passionate - about the communities they live and work in, about how we treat our planet and our fellow humans - and who want to bring their passion into the workplace and make a difference. The IAM Engineering team is looking for people who also want to bring their expertise and passion for technology to drive innovation and support their strategic vision.
Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats, and work in a highly collaborative environment. Ideal candidates will think big and have a bias for action, while earning trust through their desire to learn and be curious, invent and simplify, dive deep, insist on highest standards and work back from the customer. You will build secure, reliable, scalable, fast, cost-effective, and easy-to-use solutions while delivering on aggressive goals for adoption, operational performance, and feature delivery.
The position is based in Austin, TX and can be done remotely. The contract will last until the end of November.
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $68.75 - 87.50 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Developing solutions using a cloud first approach within Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Securely manage directory and federated services solutions such as Active Directory, Azure AD, and OpenID Connect
- Manage the next generation authentication services using industry leading technology stacks and diving deep to resolve issues as they arise.
- Supports design, deployment, configuration, and troubleshooting of solutions that support and align with cloud-based online service strategies and engineering requirements for evolving security services, mechanisms, and safeguards.
- Take part in an after-hours on-call support rotation and implement solutions, patching and deployment activities after hours as needed.
- Work closely with technology and business stakeholders.
- Proactively identify and resolve challenges and issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, business, and technical goals.
- Monitors technology and security developments and ensures the company's security framework follows industry best practices.
- Advanced understanding of standard identity management tools, technologies, and processes.
- Plays a key and influential role working with others, in groups, in cross-functional settings and with diverse stakeholders internally and externally.
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science and 2-4 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- 2-4 years managing Directory Services and Federated Identity solutions inkling Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Active Directory Certificate Services (PKI), and Azure AD
- 2-4 years experience developing PowerShell scripts
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) including management of IAM roles and automation of infrastructure deployment across multiple AWS accounts
- Experience with Splunk
- Proven analytical thinking, attention to details, and organizational skills
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience on large security access system upgrades/projects using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Developing PowerShell Scripts (2 years of experience is required)
- Experience with AWS (1 year of experience is required)
- Splunk Experience (1 year of experience is required)
- Analytical thinking
- Attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- Managing Directory Services (2 years of experience is required)
- AD DS (1 year of experience is required)
- PKI (1 year of experience is required)
- Azure AD (2 years of experience is required)
- Managing Federated Identity (1 year of experience is required)
- Management of IAM roles (1 year of experience is required)
- Automate Infrastructure Deploy (1 year of experience is required)
- SAFe (1 year of experience is required)
- Software Engineering Practices (1 year of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.