Our client is reinventing the way we interact with our customers by employing data and cutting edge technologies to better understand them and deliver relevant personalized in-the-moment experiences. We are defining and building out cloud-native globally-scalable platforms and applications enabling customer-centric solutions across many digital touchpoints.
We are looking for a top notch Software Architect to come and join our digital architecture team. In this role you will be responsible for the architecture of customer facing capabilities across digital commerce, marketing, customer service and other customer engagement touchpoints. You will research and evaluate new and emerging technologies, make informed technology investment recommendations, build technology roadmaps, and most importantly, provide architectural runway and technology leadership working with our software delivery teams.
The ideal candidate is experienced and very comfortable using open source and commercial technologies and frameworks to build content-rich data-driven solutions serving customers across the globe. The candidate must be extremely results driven, customer focused, up-to-date and hands-on with current technologies and trends, and skilled at working in an agile and highly collaborative environment.
location: Framingham, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $160,000 - 175,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
responsibilities: Principle Duties and Responsibilities
Required Demonstrable Skills
- Architect flexible and globally-scalable technology capabilities enabling customer-centric objectives across business domains, channels and touchpoints.
- Create and maintain technology roadmaps aligned to business strategy.
- Research, assess and recommend new and emerging technology solutions, frameworks and services.
- Lead the conversation on security and compliance and architect secure-by-design solutions.
- Lead the conversation on platform and application performance, optimizing for global customer base.
- Provide leadership in creating state-of-the-art SDLC employing DevOps methods and tech stacks to enable developers' productivity and optimizing time-to-value.
- Provide architectural runway and ongoing solution guidance and leadership to development teams.
- Stay up to date on relevant technologies, plug into user groups, understand trends and opportunities.
- Mentor software developers in skill acquisition and development
- Experience architecting web-based globally-scalable B2C and B2B solutions leveraging leading-edge commercial and open source application platforms and technology stacks.
- Ability to influence and effectively translate business and technology strategy and vision into technical solutions.
- Proven hands-on experience designing enterprise-scale java-based web platforms and applications.
- Experience with global-scale web capability deployments leveraging public cloud infrastructure.
- Working knowledge of AWS services (AWS Architect Certification a plus).
- Thorough understanding of web and cloud security and performance.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of OO principles and Design Patterns
- Proven software development skills (Java) and experience with related web frameworks (J2EE, Spring)
- Full-stack web development and SPA frameworks (jQuery, MEAN, React)
- Experience designing and deploying microservice-based architectures (Mesos, Kubernetes, Docker)
- Working knowledge of database technologies (Relational, NoSQL, in-memory)
- Experience with messaging and data streaming (Kafka, Spark, Sqoop, Storm)
- Experience integrating third-party SaaS solution providers (Payment Gateways, Tax, Fraud Management, Email Marketing, Social Media, CIAM etc.) and back end-enterprise components (SAP CRM/ECC)
- Content/Asset Management (Adobe Experience Manager, Adobe DAM)
- Digital marketing (Adobe Target, Adobe Audience Manager, Adobe Campaign)
- Ecommerce Platform (Hybris)
- strong problem solving skills
- Independent self-direction with aptitude for team collaboration and open communication
- Ability to present and shape ideas, and elicit support and trust based on credibility
- Ability to articulate complex technical issues to engineers and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to work on and provide technology leadership in a cross-functional team
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organization and documentation skills
- Agile/Scrum methodology
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Must have 8-10 years of industry experience of building customer-facing web applications
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Customer Relations (5 years of experience is preferred)
- User Experience (5 years of experience is preferred)
- enterprise architect (5 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.