job summary: Education:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other
Information Technology major, or equivalent work experience. Required Tasks to be Performed:
- Understand business change needs, assessing the business impact of those changes, capturing, analyzing and documenting requirements and supporting the communication and delivery of requirements with relevant stakeholders.
- Lead requirements definitions meetings with DEP customers.
- Analyze and document requirements for authorizations to determine data entry requirements and mapping to any existing DEP components necessary to capture the data.
- Analyze data gathered and develop solutions or alternative methods of proceeding.
- Gather, analyze, document & validate user requirements.
- Create Visio process maps, requirements traceability matrices, use cases and other business analysis documentation appropriate to the specifically assigned project needs.
- Facilitating the negotiation of requirements amongst multiple stakeholders.
- Creating, analyzing, and validating detailed functional specifications.
- Facilitating design sessions with the implementation team to define the solution.
- Delivering elements of systems design, including data migration rules, business rules, wireframes, or other detailed deliverables.
- Identify any new type of data entry components required. For each new component identified, create and update analysis documentation to include wireframes, process maps, business data definitions and business rules.
- Support multiple moderately complex business processes.
- Assist in the business process redesign and documentation as needed.
- Translate high level business requirements into functional specifications and manage changes to such specifications.
- Work closely with customers, users, and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSAs):
- Ability to effectively communicate with both technical and business resources and translate business needs into effective technical specification
- Ability to conduct research into application development issues and products.
- Ability to understand the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to prepare reports, correspondence, guidelines, and Power Point presentations.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to write technical, business, and plain language documents and/or emails, with great attention to detail in all written communications.
- Ability to work on multiple projects as a project team member, occasionally as a project leader.
location: Tallahassee, Florida
job type: Contract
salary: $9.99 - 99.99 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other Information Technology major, or equivalent work experience Required Tasks to be Performed:
- Provide maintenance, enhancement and support for a variety of the agency's business applications.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of program requirements and specifications.
- Research and document requirements of program users.
- Write, translate and code software programs and applications per specifications.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines.
- Work with network administrators, systems analysts and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to junior programmers. Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSAs):
- 5+ years' experience with Java application development, leveraging frameworks such as Struts/Tiles, Struts 2, Servlets/JSP, and JPA/Hibernate
- 5+ years' experience in web development leveraging XML and CSS
- 5+ years' experience with Oracle databases with the capability to write complex queries and develop complex PL/SQL database objects, including both DML and DDL
- Experience with responsive design frameworks, preferably Bootstrap
- Experience using code repositories, preferably Git
- Experience using continuous integration tools, preferably Jenkins
- Knowledge of relational and object-oriented database designs
- Knowledge of object-oriented design methodologies
- Knowledge of Information Systems Development Methodology (ISDM)
- Experience with database query tools (i.e., TOAD, SQL Developer, SQL Navigator)
- Knowledge of database security, including role-based security
- Knowledge and experience with Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- Ability to be creative, to use sound judgment, and to display foresight to identify potential problems and design/specifications and assigned application software systems
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to determine work priorities and ensure proper completion of work assignments
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative, oral and written communication skills Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSAs):
- Oracle certification(s)
- Familiarity with Agile development, specifically Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP) and Kanban
- Experience with Virtualization, preferably Docker
- Experience implementing GIS (Geographic Information System) applications
- Experience maintaining WebLogic Server
- Experience developing web services, preferably RESTful web services
- Experience with environmental regulatory business processes and practices
- Knowledge and understanding of Customer's technical environment
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: No Degree Required
- SQL Server developer
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.