Sr. Technical Project Manager
Under limited direction, manages projects of varying size and scope for assigned Pharmacy & Retail Operations area. May also lead sub-teams for larger projects/programs. Projects may impact multiple functions in assigned division and typically has moderate impact on the corporation/division. Budget responsibilities are based on project requirements. Subject matter expert for on processes, procedures and systems related strategies associated with the rollout to the field of any corporate initiatives
location: Deerfield, Illinois
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Manages projects of varying size and scope under limited direction. May also lead sub-teams for larger projects/programs.
- Establishes and monitors project requirements, priorities, and deadlines.
- Manages a project plan that involves a small number of team members (ex: 10 or less).
- Ensures quality and timeliness of project results. Ensures established budget is adhered to based upon project requirements.
- Works with management (if necessary) to drive resolution of project conflicts.
- Manages projects from inception to completion.
- Manages activities of assigned project team.
- Prepares standard and ad hoc management reports and presentations for assigned projects.
- May contribute/provide support to larger projects.
- Communicates project status to team and business owners throughout the duration of the assignment and post implementation to make certain all impacted stakeholders have an understanding of risks, issues and activities
Desired skills, responsibilities, experience neededMaster's Degree or MBA
Knowledge of business practices as related to specialty area, such as IT, HR, eCommerce.
Experience managing a budget to plan.
Experience applying project management methodologies and practices, including developing a project plan, including charter, scope, project management approach and management plans, such as the statement of work, cost estimates, schedule, etc.
Experience presenting and reporting on project plans to appropriate stakeholders, executives and senior management.
Experience utilizing project management software and other standard project management scheduling tools, such as MS Project and Planview.
Documented completion of a project management training course. (PMI endorsement preferred)
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.