job summary: Position Description
Must have a reel or portfolio with 8 years experience.
As a Motion Designer, you'll apply your passion for animation to simplify complex interactions and solve challenging design problems. You'll help define and implement Google's motion design language and you'll think critically about how motion reinforces Google's UX brand, enhances interactivity, and delights our users.
User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users' needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Our UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products' unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google's philosophy: "Focus on the user and all else will follow."
- Motion Design, Adobe After Effects, Must have reel or portfolio
- UX/UI experience, Figma, ProtoPie, Bachelor's degree, or equivalent or work equivalent, Android motion experience
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $70 - 101 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Provide patterns, best practices and guidance on animation and transitions for different devices and platforms including web and Android.
- Define and implement the motion design language for Google products.
- Collaborate with fellow UX designers as they incorporate motion into their work to enhance interactivity and delight users.
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.