job summary: Position Description
Google Nest Smart Displays empower families to control their connected home, relive memories from Google Photos, watch YouTube videos and much more. The UX team working on Nest Displays design multi-modal interactions, leveraging touch, voice and gestures to help users interact with the Google Assistant. As an Senior Visual Designer at Nest, you will design engaging experiences, across various surfaces in the context of the home. The candidate will have opportunities to inform all stages of UX definition, with a focus on the final stages of the product cycle. They will work very closely with a cross functional team, while guiding the development teams through UX implementation, upholding a strong attention to detail across a range of surfaces. It is critical to have a sense for clean design, the ability to advocate for the user, and a commitment to creating simple user experiences from otherwise complex workflows.
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, related field, or equivalent practical experience. +6 years of experience in designing and shipping software design experiences.
- Ability to create and maintain relationships with collaborators across time multiple zones.
- Ability to work within a highly technical and metrics-driven environment.
- Ability to collaborate with and develop mutual respect and trust with Product Managers, Engineers, Researchers, and Designers.
- Effective communication, presentation and teamwork skills.
- Understanding of technical requirements and various limitations
- Experience working with visual and interaction design tools including but not limited to (Sketch, Figma, InVision, Google Suite, Adobe Suite).
- Experience with motion tools to generate interaction mockups and flows (Principle, After Effects)
location: MOUNTAIN VIEW, California
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 87 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Provide patterns, best practices and guidance on visual design for both in product (across devices and platforms) and communication materials. Communicate effectively in a cross-functional product development team and present ideas and designs effectively. Design engaging experiences, across various surfaces in the context of the home. Contribute to and advocate for visual design standards and language across Google Nest Displays experiences while focusing on devices. Foster user-centric design culture, values, and principles within the group and to the broader org to elevate craft
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.