The Scrum Master serves the organization in several ways, including: Leading, training, and coaching the organization in its Scrum adoption; Planning and advising Scrum implementations within the organization; Helping employees and stakeholders understand and enact an empirical approach for complex work; and, Removing barriers between stakeholders and Scrum Teams. Helps create an environment that is creative, safe, productive and supportive and enables multi-directional collaboration. Key Qualifications and Experiences:
- Bachelor's degree, ideally in a technical discipline with a development background
- Professional experience and a proven understanding with iterative development, incremental software delivery, and the "why" behind it
location: ROSWELL, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $53.00 - 56.40 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- The Scrum Master serves the Scrum Team by Coaching the team members in self-management and cross-functionality; Coaching them on organizing themselves to choose how best to accomplish their work, rather than being directed by others outside the team and Coaching them to optimize flexibility, creativity, and productivity.
- Helps the Scrum Team focus on creating high-value Increments that meet the Definition of Done. Helps the team adopt growth mindset, iterative and incremental approach, practice customer collaboration in building the product, empiricism, continuous feedback and learning and continuous improvement. Causing the removal of impediments to the Scrum Team's progress. Provides guidance, coaching, support and facilitation, and helps remove any obstacles that teams may encounter along the way.
- Ensuring that all Scrum events take place and are positive, productive, and kept within the timebox. Facilitating stakeholder collaboration as requested or needed.
- Helps those outside the Scrum Team understand which of their interactions with the Scrum Team are helpful and which aren't. The Scrum Master helps everyone change these interactions to maximize the value created by the Scrum Team.
- The Scrum Master serves the Product Owner in several ways by Helping find techniques for effective Product Backlog management; Helping the Product Owner in focusing the backlog on the next major release, having a backlog that is coarse at the bottom and fine at the top, regularly refining the backlog by breaking big items into smaller and independent ones, identifying dependencies, ensuring high priority items are ready for sprint planning and making the backlog visible & transparent to the Scrum Team
- Helping establish empirical product planning for a complex environment where work is divided into smaller working bits, planning is based on the evaluation of the result of these bits (inspection and adaptation), improvement and direction is guided by experiments, examples and experience. This makes it easy for the team to start without having all information available/visible/understood, thereby allowing the team space and an opportunity to adjust as they learn.
- Identify and implement metrics that drive quality, delivery, and change for an initiative. Develop, track, and publish qualitative and quantitative metrics, dashboards, etc. to communicate progress to stakeholders. Guide teams in establishing and following effective processes to manage planning, development, and deployment.
- Others: * Assess the Scrum/Kanban maturity of the team and organization and coach the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable for the team and organization * Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and sharing of information.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.