Our client, an AAA gaming studio, has a permanent opportunity for a Live Service Gaming Development Manager. This role can sit in Vancouver, Canada or the Los Angeles area.
Reporting to the QA Product Owner, the Development Manager oversees the end-to-end quality of a product or major service/feature. This involves scoping and strategizing for the QA business on the project, and performance managing the development of those plans from pre-production all the way to post-launch activities. Skills/Experience
- You have multiple years of managerial experience with some of those managing leads or managers.
- You have knowledge of software development processes, change management, and process improvement.
- You have experience working in a distributed development or QA environment and managing across multiple studio teams.
- You have experience managing projects for both short and long iterations; be able to scope varied sizes and length of a project.
- Professional management training (PMP, PMI, MBA) a nice to have, but not required.
location: Chatsworth, California
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
- Develop metrics, mechanisms, management methodologies, and communication of processes and knowledge
- Collaborate and help create the Quality Plan; define a project budget, forecasting a staff plan, communication plan and an overall test strategy.
- Create relationships within the QA teams and all development partners.
- Improve efficiency of the QA effort by assessing current practices and incorporating new strategies, including further use of technology, automation, career management of staff, and development of new test tools.
- Communicate issues, risks, concerns, and successes to partners.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
- live service software
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.