The Enterprise Data Loss Prevention Engineer is responsible for the daily monitoring and maintenance of the client enterprise data loss prevention (DLP) solution using the Symantec DLP platform. This position is responsible for designing and implementing data loss prevention policies, DLP platform maintenance and upgrades. This position provides direct support to the DLP analysts, business and IT staff on DLP and information security related issues. This role is also responsible for assisting in the evaluation and implementation of products and procedures to enhance client's information security productivity and effectiveness.
location: Jersey City/NYC/Boston/Remote, NJ/NY/MA
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 55 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Monitor DLP Management Console: analyze platform events, problems or malfunctions, and resolve incident and problem tickets raised from TechConnect (User Help Desk) and DLP Analysts
- Provide support for Data Loss Prevention (DLP) platform including analysis, continuous configuration, tuning and testing of data loss prevention policies
- Document LOB custom report formats, event types, and specific configuration requirements for use in security alerting and remediation workflow
- Perform maintenance on the DLP platform including patching, configuration modifications and upgrades
- Design, implement, review DLP related policies, workflow and system settings following established DLP change process with the assistance of operational tools and resources
- Assist in the evaluation and implementation of products and/or procedures to enhance security.
- Review requests for new systems or changes to existing systems and evaluate the impact to security.
- Deploy and monitor additional security products and tools or enhancements to existing tools.
- Monitor daily reports to ensure the effectiveness of new and existing security technology.
- Troubleshoot issues that may arise during data discovery scans, scan related performance issues and agent or network related issues.
- Assist in representing the security needs of the organization by providing DLP and security expertise and assistance on IT projects.
- Assist in the development and enforcement of IT security policies, guidelines, standards and procedures.
- Work closely with peers in a team environment, pair with coworkers while working on tasks, and assist others by answering questions and helping with assignments.
- Bachelor's degree in systems or related discipline or specialized training required.
- 3 years of experience with Symantec DLP
- Adept networking and system administration abilities
- Experience working with clients in a support role
- Experience in the financial services industry, a plus
- SME for Symantec's DLP Suite is a must
- Knowledge of industry information security standards and practices including cyber security/data loss prevention regulations (NYS DFS, GDPR, SOX).
- Knowledge of IP, TCP/IP and other network administration protocols
- Knowledge of operating platforms, database and sub-system Platforms and products.
- Knowledge of Microsoft IP is a plus
- Experience in implement EDM and EMDI rules
- Scripting (perl, python, shell, etc) - SQL query knowledge and Unix/Windows
- Self-motivated with the ability to handle multiple priorities, while meeting deadlines
- Strong problem solving, organizational and project management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- data loss prevention
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.