job summary: Job Description
- The Release Management role includes scheduling, coordination and management of releases across multiple environments.
- The releases can be inclusive of software product updates, bug fixes, security improvements, and release related Project/Program initiatives.
- Responsibilities will include leading release governance, best practices, and processes to help product development teams manage and deploy releases into all environments.
- The Release Manager function works collaboratively with all stakeholders in the software development life cycle and is supportive of Service Management and quality assurance, as they set up their build dev/test environments.
- Additionally, the release manager role assists the IT organization improve the software engineering processes and practices.
- Lastly, the Release Manager coordinates all security audit requirements to comply with Quality and Audit requirements.
- Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 4
- Minimum Degree Required: High School Diploma or GED
- Certification(s) Required: Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Degree Preferred: IT-related Bachelor's degree
location: Tampa, Florida
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Knowledge Preferred:
Demonstrates a proven and thorough level of experience and success in project management roles including the use of traditional or agile methodologies to deliver Technology solutions with experience in the following areas:
- Project Management tools such as HP PPM, MS TFS, Rally, MS Project, etc.
- Project Financial Management using tools such as HPP PPM, Excel, etc. to monitor Budget, Actuals, ETC, EAC and related variances.
- Technology solution delivery for small-to-medium projects/programs through the complete software or system development lifecycle (analysis, design, construction, testing and implementation and warranty.)
- Vendor management (onshore and offshore) including contractual stipulations and obligations established in Service Level Agreements and risk management/escalation.
Demonstrates proven experience and success in delivering technology projects with expertise including but not limited to:
- Managing small-to-medium software development or infrastructure projects and working in large program environments.
- Collaboratively working with all team and vendor project resources on small-to-medium size projects.
- Managing all SOW deliverables and reporting project costs and forecasts on a regularly scheduled basis to project leadership and making recommendations to improve project effectiveness.
- Managing internal and external project resources considering quality/acceptance of SOW deliverables internally and externally.
- Collaboratively managing Sponsor/customer expectations and interacting with sponsor on a regular basis as it relates to software and IT infrastructure implementations.
- Creating and maintaining integrated project plans based on information from the vendor and client task information. Incorporates updates and changes to the integrated project plan and prepares reports and presentations for executive levels.
- Applying knowledge of the Firm to the Project Management activities to comply with Firm policies and standards.
- Applying project management and agile knowledge to identify, escalate, and remove team impediments that jeopardize success.
- Influencing project team members to identify and address project issues, including leadership and interdependent teams, and to promote self-directed teams.
- Define target release schedule
- Document the release scope and deliverables
- Manages change control process and coordinates with management in in support of the SDLC lifecycle and the system engineering team
- Lead and coordinate the release readiness reviews, to include the execution of the deployment plans and deployment checklists
- Manage risks and lead the resolution of issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality
- Works collaboratively with the Portfolio leaders and project managers to document and communicate all changes for service releases.
- Release planning and execution; to include coordination and communication during and after deployment
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between multiple teams
- Coordinate release approvals for releases to all environments utilizing Release System.
- Work with Dev Ops Engineer in maintaining the release schedule and managing key information , documentation, procedures, dependencies, and cross team communications.
- The candidate will manage IT Services release activities through all phases, from planning through Warranty Support.
- The objective of the Release Manager is to plan, schedule and control the deployment of IT services and updates into the live environments.
- Release management provides a means for making changes effectively and compliant.
- Location preference: Tampa preferred for when return to the office they want this person to come in but if you find a rockstar candidate then remote is okay but still want them to be on the East Coast at least.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.