job summary: Description: Job Description
- The Senior Software Developer will apply their knowledge and experience with Java Script, the React framework and Node.js platform to take existing on-premise web applications and redesign/modernize and rebuilt them in the Cloud.
- The focus of the role will be on using agile methodology to plan, design, develop and launch efficient systems and solutions in support of core organizational functions.
- This individual will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve issues, opportunities or problems in order to maximize the benefit of IT and Business investments.
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $42.91 - 47.91 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Lead and perform hands-on software development throughout project design/build/test phases
- Provide time estimates and complete tasks in Agile development environment.
- Support and troubleshoot software systems as required, optimizing performance, resolving problems, and providing follow-up on all issues and solutions.
- Develop appropriate software documentation; create and present detailed design and technical system specifications and maintenance documentation on projects.
- Work/Consult across multiple projects; able to function as a technical lead.
- Work on complex projects that require subject matter expertise.
- Actively engage in technical discussions, share ideas, and contribute to cohesive development framework and coding standards.
- Provide direction, tools, technical and process support to less experienced team members
- Demonstrate exceptional knowledge of SDLC processes, inputs/outputs, standards and best practices
- Demonstrate exceptional knowledge of development methodologies, software design and design patterns, integration standards as well as its applicability at coding and testing cycles.
- Demonstrate good Agile Software Development Principals.
- Demonstrate proficient knowledge of application architecture and architecture constructs as it connects to the enterprise architecture.
- BS/BA in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field
- Effective communicator (verbal & written)
- Understands technology systems & applications
- Exceptional at coding and on time delivery of quality components and or applications
- Exceptional at utilizing the technologies and domain knowledge with the delivery of developed components or integrated components
- Exceptional at working problems of high complexity, medium scope, where analysis of situations or data requires review of a variety of factors
- Exceptional at triage or analysis of situations for production support
- Excel with on time delivery with minimal supervision
- Effective participant of requirements gathering, requirements analysis
- Excel at applications and component design following a prescribed architecture and technology footprint
- Proficient at architecting small systems following the prescribed technology policies or architectural footprint
- 5 or more years of experience in application design, development, installation and modification
- Expert level experience with React
- Experience with Node.js, a plus
- High degree of experience with UNIX/Linux
- Experience with Cloud technologies, AWS preferred
- Experience with one or more databases - Oracle, MySQL or Microsoft SQL
- Experience with IBM MQ Websphere
- Experience with Agile Methodologies
- Airline Industry experience, a plus
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.