Client is currently hiring a Research Community Manager to support our Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC) industry teams. This is a key role that enables product development teams to speak to customers about how they user our software and integrate the voice of the customer into product & design decisions. The Research Community Manager will ensure an excellent customer research experience and engage with customers daily on our community-facing hub. This role will also support our community growth initiatives, ensuring that we get feedback from a diverse sampling of our customers.
We are seeking a passionate individual to engage with customers and , represent the product team and Client. The ideal candidate will have community management experience and will be familiar with Architecture, Engineering, or Construction design tools.
Help Client make amazing software tools, that solve customers' current and future business challenges, and ultimately helping the AEC industry create a better world. Community Growth
- Work with partners to identify opportunities for growing the size and diversity of the community.
- Recruit new customers to the customer community
- Collaborate with the Research Operations teams and support best practices and special initiatives.
- Identify gaps or shortcomings in processes and develop recommendations. Experiment with new tools, processes, and techniques to improve the workflow and efficiency.
- Passionate about customer service and/or user-focused design.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in customer relationship management (CRM), membership development, customer service, user research, research operations or customer-facing role in a technology company.
- Excellent communication skills-you can quickly establish an easy rapport with a wide variety of people through both speaking, writing, and visual storytelling.?
- Self-driven initiative and expert time management skills - tackle assignments head on, able to juggle multiple simultaneous requests at exceptional speeds, while paying close attention to the details, and without losing sight of the highest priority items.?
- Work experience coordinating multiple fast-moving projects of varying levels of complexity concurrently; working across divisions and time zones.?
- strong stakeholder management and collaborative abilities.
- A keen interest in technology products and how they are designed, exploring new technology trends, and adopting new tools, software, and equipment.?
- Bachelors' Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with Client software and/or architecture, engineering and construction industry experience.
- Familiarity with Revit, AutoCAD and other AEC software tools.
- Undergraduate degree in Architecture or Engineering
- Experience with a wide variety of activities such as blogging, community development and management, social bookmarking, commenting, etc.
location: San Rafael, California
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 32 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Plan engagement calendar, ensuring that customers receive meaningful activities on a regular schedule.
- Manage day-to-day programs to engage customers. Manage forum discussions and other customer engagement activities. Review user generated comments and posts in a quick and timely manner. Respond to comments in order to foster a positive community and add value to our customers' experience.
- Escalate user generated content, where appropriate, to internal stakeholders and coordinate responses as required.
- Help design & research partners launch projects in the community.
- Assist with conception and creation of a community strategy.
- Communicate and coordinate with Product Development, Customer Support and Industry strategy teams ensuring that community activities support overall goals and objectives.
Listening & Reporting
Summarize insights and conversations to create actionable reports for scrum teams and other stakeholders.
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.