job summary: Description: Job Description: Data Scientist - Market Strategy & Intelligence
This role will work closely with Market Strategy & Intelligence Analytics Managers and collaboratively develop financial and customer segmentation opportunity details based on insights stemming from market research. This role will also assist in tracking and organizing data into a comprehensive reporting database and dashboard. This position reports to the Director of Market Strategy & Intelligence - Analytics. A candidate for this role must possess an ability to meet a variety of non-routine challenges, expertise in quantitative analysis (energy industry, customer and/or financial analysis), data science, and a working understanding of strategic analysis concepts. Required Qualifications:
- Understanding of and ability to use analytics tools such as Excel, SQL, Power BI, and/or other commonly used tools to support analysis such as data trending and forecasting
- A strong command of strategic analysis concepts and demonstrated experience in financial analysis and quantitative modeling
- Working knowledge of statistics and predictive modeling
- Quantitative experience in managing diverse, large data sets, configuring complex spreadsheets, and/or scenario analysis
- Demonstrated strength in communication and collaboration skills
- Working knowledge of code writing and programming
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $46.95 - 56.95 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
The Market Strategy & Intelligence organization is responsible for creating and maintaining a mid-tier tactical plan for the Company. As part of this responsibility, the team will create and maintain a roadmap of executable growth opportunities and risks across identified customer segments and product lines, creating a key segment level playbook for use by product development, business development and sales functions. The team will address regulated and non-regulated opportunities in both native and non-native footprints.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.