job summary: Who we are looking for
This role will be responsible for leading the Global Infrastructure Azure Cloud Senior Operation Engineer as part of Production Management organization of 24*7*365, an organization that delivers highly secure, reliable, efficient technology operations services that are focused on the needs of all the business. Responsible for Incident, Problem, Change, Knowledge and Configuration management for Azure public cloud platforms. This role will be responsible for the day to day governance of public Cloud Azure platform operations processes, ensuring all technology SLA's/OLA's are met, driving platform availability. In collaboration with the business, technology peers, and vendor partners, you will ensure that the businesses have optimized services and operations, enabling greater availability, performance and reliability in the delivery of the products. What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in managing global technology operations team of 24*7*365 in high demanding industry like Banking/Finance for more than 10+ yrs.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Strong Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Analytical, Collaboration and Decision Making Skills
- Experience in Vendor, Budget, & Project Management
- Good knowledge and are well-versed in BASH, Python or PowerShell
- 5+ years as L3 Production Support Engineer
- Experience with Microsoft Azure , SQL Server, RedHat Enterprise Linux, Active Directory, DNS, and networking technologies
- Must have Microsoft Azure Certification
- Automation /CICD Experience is desirable
location: Princeton, New Jersey
job type: Permanent
salary: $160,000 - 180,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: What you will be responsible for
As Infrastructure Operations Azure Cloud Senior Engineer you will
- SME escalation point of contact for major incidents for Azure Cloud platform
- 24 x 7 x 365 incident escalations.
- Technical Skills on Azure AD, Azure Monitor, Azure Backup, Keyvault, Azure Security Center, Azure Policy, Azure Sentinel, Azure Automation.
- Collaborate with technical support leadership on escalations or requests related to cloud and managed services.
- Govern variety of cloud-hosted IT project leveraging knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, virtual and physical networking , and cloud technologies
- Integrate Azure operations team's processes with customer's broader Enterprise IT cloud management capabilities to enable consistent and routine upgrade plans in addition to modifications and critical upgrades to common services
- Experience with interacting with various Microsoft Azure services in production environments
- Have a good track record of using automation tools like Terraform to build infrastructure that scales
- Understanding of concepts such as virtualization, containerization, auto-scaling, experience with GIT, CI/CD integration toolchains, building fault-tolerant solutions and fully automated systems
- Experience with hardening of modern operating systems, web and application servers, databases and proxies.
- Institute and govern KRI's, KPIs and Metrics related for operational procedures
- Incident, Change, Knowledge, and Problem Management accountability
- Vendor Governance - SLA, Compliance Review, Contractual Commitment, Service Improvement, etc.
- Global standardization - Platform, services, and processes
- Resiliency, Stability, and Continuous Service Improvement for platforms
- Capacity & Lifecycle Management of Platforms
- Establish high performing onshore, nearshore, and offshore
- Collaborates with Service Delivery, Engineering, ITSM, Architecture, Application teams, Technology vendors, Security, Application support and other infrastructure cloud operations teams to operate resilient, and secure platforms at industry best standards
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
- Azure AD
- Azure Monitor
- Azure Backup
- Azure Security Center
- Azure Policy
- Azure Sentinel
- Azure Automation
- azure cloud platform
- L3 Production Support Engineer
- SQL Server
- RedHat Enterprise Linux
- Active directory
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.