Are you looking for a position that will allow you to be a technical member of the network design and integration capture team, a technical subject matter expert in Juniper network design and engineering with experience in all phases of a network life cycle? How about a position that allows you to engage with all organization levels and Lines of Business? Then this is the right position for you!
location: RICHARDSON, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $135,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Be the networking technology Subject Matter Expert for large-scale, end-to-end network solutions composed of OSI Layer 1 - 4 technologies to include but not be limited to long-haul DWDM transport elements, MPLS routed traffic, fixed fiber access, and metro Ethernet services from design, through integration, test and turn up, and operations.
- Creation of network plan, network architecture design, detail design (low level design), element configurations, and methods of procedures.
- Network validation testing activities to confirm designed features and functionalities according to customer requirements.
- Conduct network reviews of customer environments and provide "best-in-class" benchmark assessments with the following deliverables:
- Gap identification and analysis
- Recommendations/designs to address gaps and detailed plans to implement recommendations with cost & value analysis
- Develop and promote a refined understanding of both the technology and the network services solution to enable integration of network services with enterprise customer networking environment across "heterogeneous" technical platforms encompassing various technology vendors.
- Develop specific recommendations to CTO/CIO's on emerging technologies, network services architecture design, network integration, and application support requirements. Communicate and disseminate those findings through a disciplined systems engineering methodology (well-written documents) to various internal and external clients.
- Work with Business Development Managers; act as a key liaison across various internal groups and clients.
- Develop reference architecture solutions for vertical applications by coordinating proof of concept (PoC) validation.
- Demonstrate Technical Thought Leadership through verticals and technology specific white papers and collateral, and participate in industry speaking engagements and panel discussions
The essential functions of this role include:
- working in a smoke free environment
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Juniper (3 years of experience is required)
- Network Design (6 years of experience is required)
- Solution Architecture (5 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.