job summary: Position Description
Manager will also consider Austin, TX Location
Overview: Google is always striving to innovate and our Fiber-to-the-Home program is no exception. We're building one of the fastest national broadband networks to deliver next generation Internet content to users. If you want the opportunity to work on a state-of-the-art high profile program, look no further than the opportunity to frame the future of broadband.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, other similar quantitative field or equivalent practical experience
- Familiarity with sales and marketing functions (including field sales, retail, call centers, digital media)
- 3-4 years of experience writing queries, stored procedures or functions in SQL
- Advanced Google Sheets/Excel skills GSuite experience Experience creating data visualizations/dashboards
Desired Preferred Qualifications:
- Effective problem-solver with a proven ability to understand stakeholder needs
- Work with ambiguity and quickly deliver analysis that meets the business requirements
- Excellent business partnering and communication skills
- Genuine excitement and passion for developing and analyzing large, complex data sets and converting them into the information / insights that drive business decisions at all levels of the organization
- Capable of working on multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously Experience with Tableau
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 71 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Work closely with the Sales and Marketing leads to understand their information needs and develop daily, weekly, monthly, and ad-hoc reports to highlight key performance metrics .
- Develop SQL scripts to structure, analyze, and make recommendations based on large data sets
- Create easy to understand dashboards from complex data sets, which have automated backend processes
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.