The IT Administrator provides administration and high-level maintenance support to end users' computers and associated systems.
This administrator will coordinate with IT department to develop, implement, document, and maintain policies, procedures, and training plans for network systems including LAN/WAN security, host security, firewalls, WIFI, and file permissions as required.
location: JACKSONVILLE, Florida
job type: Contract
salary: $26 - 30 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
- Coordinate with other IT Operations staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of servers, Ethernet networks, WIFI, SD-WAN, VOIP/telecommunications network, cabling and other related equipment, network devices and systems.
- Coordinate with IT department to develop, implement, document, and maintain policies, procedures, and training plans for network systems including LAN/WAN security, host security, firewalls, WIFI, and file permissions as required.
- Investigate, recommend, and install enhancements and operating procedures that optimize network availability.
- Complete preventative maintenance, upgrades, and repairs to computers, POS, servers, printers, and network equipment.
- Collaboratively manages, maintains, and updates Microsoft IIS, Office 365, Active Directory, Exchange and other back-office applications and server room equipment.
- Maintain and track IT equipment, records, and software licensing.
- Identify departmental needs and make suggestions regarding technical direction.
- Maintains and configures antivirus and other security tools.
- communication skills both verbal and written.
- Administer and ensure maintenance and updating of all Security Infrastructure computer systems and hardware platforms.
- Provide after-hours support for planned maintenance and on-call emergency support when required.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 1 year of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Network Administration
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.