Sr. Human Resource Business Partner
We are looking for a senior HR business partner to oversee all people initiatives in our Fremont headquarters. Our ideal candidate should have solid experience with HR practices and employee management. You will communicate with the executive leadership and management team to express new ideas, suggest solutions, provide real time coaching and feedback. and help foster engagement and culture.
This is a great opportunity to build everything from the ground up within a well funded startup company. If you'd like to challenge yourself, build the team and improve the processes, this will be a great fit for you.
- Partner with COE and PeopleOps team and leadership teams to provide strategic and tactical HR support to all leadership and employees in the headquarter Fremont office, ensuring alignment with corporate direction, strategic initiatives and human resources best practices. (e.g., talent management, learning and development; succession planning; performance management and engagement)
- Be the champion of DEI initiatives. Design and propose DEI Programs based on the needs of the business. Provide resources and guidance about programs. Manage the DEI calendar, track events, manage and coordinate the details, and own the written communications
- Partner with the learning team to design and deliver compliance training and leadership training programs for the headquarters to enhance the leadership and communications for our people managers and leaders
- Manage and resolve employee relation issues; conduct investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth. Educate, support and follow up with the leadership team regarding ER issues. Oversee all LOA cases and worker's compensation cases across the regions
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees; provide advice and counsel to managers and supervisors regarding personnel and employment laws
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, etc.) to improve work relationships and increase productivity and retention
- Proactively establish processes and assess improvements to the employee experience and partner with management to develop and implement innovative and lasting solutions
- Possess and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the jobs and stay up to date with industry trends through regular communication, walking the floor to observe job performance and attending operational meetings when needed
- Leverage your data-driven mindset to provide regular report and analyze trends and metrics especially on labour cost, attrition and engagement
- Be a leader throughout Weee! - advise, mentor/coach and guide all levels of management to develop positive employee engagement capability and leadership skills.
- Build credibility and trust among employees. Resolve employee concerns through compassion, a systematic approach, clear documentation and follow-through
- In partnership with leaders, develop workforce plans that ensure our success for the long term
location: FREMONT, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $145,000 - 155,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Human Resources
- Proven experience as HR business partner or HR manager
- 5-7 years of hands-on experience managing day to day HR work. Warehouse experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws.
- Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations.
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidential information.
- strong research and problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Self-confident with a strong sense of personal accountability
- Good computer skills - proficient in Microsoft and Google Suites
- Bi-lingual (English/Mandarin/Spanish) a plus
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Human Resources
- employment laws
- HR manager
- Data Analysis
- Business Analysis
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.