job summary: We are seeking a fully remote Front End Developer for a client in Houston. This is a contract to hire opportunity.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience with: Angular 2, HTML, CSS.
This individual will be joining a small IT team of four or so people. Ideal candidates will be entrepreneurial minded, who can work in a small, close team that honors mutual respect and believes in high levels of collaboration. This position is 100% remote from home.
location: Pasadena, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $57.69 - 67.30 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
- Crafting semantic HTML markup with a strong focus on accessibility, in order to make experiences that are friendly to browsers, assistive technologies, search engines, and other environments that can consume HTML.
- Creating CSS code that control the look and feel of the web experience, tackling colors, typography, responsive layout, animation, and any other visual aspect of the UI. Front-end designers' architect resilient CSS code with a focus on modularity, flexibility, compatibility, and extensibility.
- Testing across browsers and devices to ensure the UI is functional and good-looking on a never-ending stream of desktops, mobile phones, tablets, and all manner of other web-enabled devices,
- Optimizing the performance of front-end code in order to create lightweight, fast-loading user interface.
- Working with designers to ensure the brand, design vision, and UX best practices are properly translated into the browser, which, to remind you, is the actual place actual people will go to use the actual product.
- Working with back-of-the-front-end developers to ensure the front-end code is compatible with back-end code, services, APIs, and other technology architecture.
- Creating a library of presentational UI components authored in a templating language are packaged up to be consumed by other developers.
- Authoring and documenting a robust, intuitive component API for each presentational component so developers consuming the component can easily plug whatever they need into to it.
- Writing unit tests for the presentational UI component library code to ensure the components look and function properly.
- Maintaining the presentational components as a product, meaning handling versioning, deploying, governance, release notes and all the operational stuff goes into maintaining a software product.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
- Angular 2 (5 years of experience is preferred)
- HTML (5 years of experience is preferred)
- CSS (5 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.