Randstad Technologies is looking for a Software Quality Assurance Engineer
to be located in San Jose, CA
office. The Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Engineer works as a member of the SQA team, supporting Align's products during the entire software development life-cycle, i.e. at all stages of the project (analysis, development, testing and deployment). The SQA engineer's main responsibility will be to create, execute and maintain functional, integration and regression tests, as well as supporting requirements analysis and review. Additionally, the SQA engineer will have the opportunity to act as a Test Lead for small/medium size projects. The candidate will also make decisions on applying the correct automated/manual testing approaches the teams work.
location: SAN JOSE, California
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 55 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Actively participate in release cycle planning, demo and retrospective, attend daily standups.
- Evaluate engineering functional specification and other project documentation, compose and execute test cases to fully verify the correctness of functionality, and work closely with SDETs to understand what can and should be automated.
- Develop scripts for functionally testing web applications. Create and execute detailed functional tests in BDD format (when appropriate)
- Participate in project and requirements discussion, and escalate potential issues
- Ensure test case coverage for functional and workflow scenarios. Identify potential issues in requirements and codebase, making adjustments to tests and validations when necessary.
- Collaborate with development and automation to determine potential coverage of automated test cases
- Ensure the effective fulfillment of objectives and deadlines assigned to the group.
- Work with bugs throughout their lifecycle.
- Participate in update/maintain automation scripts.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.