Sr. Systems Engineer
For this contractor assignment, as a Systems Engineer Senior, you'll join an application integration team, which includes infrastructure design and support as well as vendor and partner management. This contractor works under minimal supervision and is responsible for providing and supporting the technical infrastructure, platforms and systems that support business capabilities. Works on problems of diverse scope and moderate to high complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Serves as an escalation point for lower levels. For this assignment, you will provide successful integration through effective collaboration and work delivery with application integration teams. Framework in place on how to evaluate and select external vendors for a specific skillset.
location: Mayfield Village, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 65 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Troubleshoots and repairs infrastructure defects that affect system performance and availability without disrupting production. Responds to users regarding abnormal system operations.?
- Participates in the business recovery and continuity processes, working with others to train on recovery processes, making recommendations for changes to procedures as necessary, testing processes, and exercising the processes.
- Works with hardware and software vendors to resolve issues and maintains support relationships.
- Deploys, configures and supports infrastructure which could include building and supporting request fulfillment requiring environment changes.
- Coordinates and maintains environment changes, which includes gathering requirements for iteration changes, and procuring hardware and software for new projects and infrastructure changes.
- Monitors the infrastructure to identify areas for improvement and makes recommendations for the elimination of areas that are susceptible to failure. Required skills:
- Knowledge of FTP Protocols- SFTP, FTPS, HTTPS, etc.
- Linux Support (RedHat OS preferred)
- Outside Vendor B2B Support
- strong Communication skills to work with Business vendors outside of Progressive
- strong Documentation skills Preferred skills and experiences:
- Windows Distributed Environments Support
- GFS2 (or other) Cluster file system support
- Cloud Enablement (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
- SSH Key Knowledge
- Mainframe Experience
- IBM Sterling File Gateway or other enterprise class data transfer applications
- Working knowledge of Security Certificates
- PGP Key Encryption Knowledge
- ESP Enterprise Job Scheduler Experience
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.