Randstad is looking for a Data Manager to support a long-term government contract. The position is currently remote but will be return on-site in some capacity to Greenbelt, MD. Responsibilities for the Data Manager:
Qualifications for the Data Manager:
- Work with data owners to extract data requirements.
- Create detailed data workflows from extracted requirements and provide all applicable documentation.
- Develop data management scripts, preferably in standard scripting languages such as Python, Bash, and Perl.
Compensation for the Data Manager:
- 5+ years of Data Management Experience
- Ability to evaluate data workflows, identify areas of improvement, and deploy new, more efficient workflows.
- Experience with Python, R, or Bash
- Able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- $110,000-$135,000 (depending on years of experience)
- Benefits Package including: Health, Medical, Dental, 401k, and PTO Plans
Keywords: data, data analysis, data engineering, data analyst, python, r, sql, scripting, workflow
location: Greenbelt, Maryland
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 65 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Work with system administrators to ensure compliance with NASA security policies.
Work with data owners to extract data requirements.
Create detailed data workflows from extracted requirements and provide all applicable documentation.
Answer data-related support tickets and act as a liaison between users and system administrators.
Develop data management scripts, preferably in standard scripting languages such as Python, Bash, and Perl.
Create Data Management Plans (DMPs) that will be used to manage user data collections through the full lifecycle, from initial (inbound) transfer to deletion or off-campus deep archives.
Provide periodic reporting of data usage patterns, to include key statistics such as file access counts, total storage used by a particular user/group, and others.
Where applicable, work with NCCS stakeholders to develop recommendations of Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) or custom data analytics solutions.
Participate in weekly team meetings.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Data Analysis
- Data Warehouse
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.