The User Technology Deployment (UTD) team is considered the "smart hands" for Two Sigma's Technology Operations Engineering support teams. The team is agile and provides IMAC and technical support solutions for the user community in NY, as well as management of assets and build outs for remote locations across the globe.
location: New York, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $25 - 30 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
UTD Asset Administrator will complete the following tasks while on-site (Monday-Friday, 8 hours per day with OT provided on approval/project basis):
- Manage the desktop hardware inventory for the entire firm, including desktops, laptops, monitors, printers, peripherals and all associated equipment
- Provide customized reports using Excel, Google Sheets and other applications regarding equipment consumption, and at all times maintain an awareness of stock levels to ensure an adequate buffer is kept
- Receive equipment shipments and import them into the inventory system within (2) days, ensuring everything delivered is properly accounted for and the PO information matches the delivery
- Make recommendations on how to better manage and reconcile inventory, transforming ideas into tangible results and processes
- Take weekly inventory of existing equipment, ensuring all devices and hardware are accounted for with 100% accuracy
- Use Excel/Google Sheets functions and formulas to organize and interpret large sets of data - VLookup, Pivot Tables, etc.
- Own the hardware disposal process by coordinating pickups with external vendors, updating device states in CMDB, working with UTD Technicians to retrieve and stage equipment, etc.
- Submit purchase requisitions for laptop/desktop peripherals, coordinating with purchasing team and UTD manager
- Track entire life-cycle management for each asset in order to maintain warranty, refresh date and end of life date information
- Analyze business needs, document requirements, and implement new processes and policies to improve the efficiencies in hardware asset management
- Create new and modify existing Wiki documentation regarding asset management processes, policies and workflows
- Track down missing equipment, following strict workflows for "lost" or "stolen" devices, working with Security when necessary
- Perform storage room inventory and tasks to ensure all inventory is updated and assigned to appropriate locations and users.
- Relocate hardware and equipment between building storage rooms and Tech Square locations
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.