The Project Leader II leads project teams to project closure with limited direction. There is a level of independent interaction, influence, and leadership with the project team to ensure the team keeps the project on track and delivers to commitments. The Project Leader II role is guided by the product lifecycle management processes. The individual in this role will be strengthening their independence and strong leadership and project management skills in order to evolve to leading larger projects.
- Project Leader II will coordinate the activities associated with changes that is responsible to execute for our external client product lines.
- Candidate will work globally with client, three design centers, and multiple manufacturing facilities.
- Previous experience in a client support role highly desirable.
- Candidate will own key tasks and require moderate direction.
- strong communication skills (verbal/written/listening).
- Sense of urgency with strong follow-up skills.
- Must be detailed oriented and able to work with in a team setting.
- Communicate status, solutions and concerns.
- Disseminate information in a timely manner within the team and across functions or teams.
- Establish and maintain relationships with the design centers, manufacturing and customer.
- Candidate must have client interaction skills and be able to negotiate and resolve differences between the two companies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assign and track team deliverables for project completion
- Responsible for project communication by interacting with PMO Leadership, Project Core Team and extended teams to ensure effective communications and manage expectations
- Work within the guidelines of the organization's project office model, standard performance metrics, and regulatory guidelines to support, plan, monitor, control, and implement projects
- Coordinate project documentation
- Create and maintain project schedules
- In conjunction with the core team, establish, track and communicate project risks Maintain project team
- SharePoint Site In conjunction with the core team, establish and monitor project budget commitments, including purchasing of supplies and equipment as needed
- Understand and generate capital requests as needed
location: Round Lake, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors degree in life sciences, engineering or business.
- Prior project management experience desirable.
- Experience working in a client facing role or as a leader of internal cross-functional teams is desirable.
- strong leadership potential
- Proficient with scheduling software
- Product Development experience, familiarity with Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- Experience in and FDA/MHRA regulated environment is highly desirable.
- At the discretion of the hiring manager, a minimum of a Bachelors Degree or equivalent with 3 plus years project management experience, and 3 years of product life cycle experience.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Project Leader
- Agile project management
- PM tools
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.