The Systems Engineer will be responsible for the day-to-day support of company's core application environment, with a focus on Commvault, Vocera, CA's Workload Automation and OnDemand Content Management, within Microsoft Windows & Unix environments. This position will also support the broader IT application environment, which may include architecting and supporting third-party server-based applications installed within the company's data center. As a System Engineer you are a problem solver and genuinely like helping team members work through issues with their computer systems, software, hardware, etc. This position is responsible for ensuring the application environment is fully functional and available from an operational and technical perspective. As a System Engineer you will be responsible for application server architecture, configuration and maintenance, as well as operating system and application migrations/patching/upgrades.
This position will work closely with the other IT personnel along with third party software/vendors to address application issues that are functional, operational or technical in nature. This position will be responsible for implementing application monitoring, and for reviewing application log files to capture application/system issues. There will be formal on-call responsibilities, along with after-hours work for IT infrastructure and application changes. This is a production IT operations and IT engineering position, with a requirement that this position creates and tests application changes prior to implementing the changes into production. Qualifications
- A bachelor's degree or higher in a technical field
- At least 5 years' experience in System Administration
- Good communication & troubleshooting skills
- Solid network administration skills
- Experience with monitor and alerting systems
- A strong understanding of Active Directory and identity management systems
- Build new servers, including hardware install in data center and installing OS and software
- strong PowerShell abilities
- The ability to work flexible, independently as well as in a team
- The desire to grow yourself, your team and the company
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Standard System Administrator tools and utilities (Wireshark, nmap, etc.)
- Respond to escalated tickets and troubleshoot any reported problems
- Document case actions during resolution process and log all interactions
- Support the enterprise direction and initiatives in a spirited, positive manner
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- MCSA, MCSE
- SCRIPTING ( PowerShell, perl, Python, etc.)
location: Skokie, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 105,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Perform basic software configurations for use by the entire company.
- Assist with the advanced software configurations for specific groups within the company.
- Coordinate and executes the installation of new application service packs.
- Test configuration changes made on company or client assets.
- Troubleshoot company-wide system and application issues.
- Investigate and researches industry trends in standards, and new technologies.
- Thinks strategically about efficient solutions
- Provides expertise and experience in maintenance, planning, training, implementation, communication, evaluation or new functionality and on-going process improvement
- Work with end users and management of all departments, to help train staff on usage and full utilization
- Create and maintain electronic training documentation related to software applications.
- Install, diagnose, repair, maintain, troubleshoot and upgrade servers, while ensuring optimal performance and securing company data.
- Assists technology department in projects as assigned.
The essential functions of this role include:
- working in a smoke free environment
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- SQL Server
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.