Our client is looking for a Senior IT Financial Project Manager to lead a multi-phased and multi-year financial transformation. This is a high profile project and this person will be working with the client's executives. We are targeting someone with Financial project delivery experience, specificallywith migrations and upgrades of general ledger, enterprise billing platforms, financial analytics and reporting. If this fits your skillset, please apply. The position is 100% remote, contract to hire!
location: DES MOINES, Iowa
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Leads and manages project lifecycle phases for multiple complex projects initiatives which could share the same delivery timelines.
- Establishes clarity on the project scope and develops project plans based on the work breakdown structure derived from the project requirements for all project assignments (includes, but is not limited to new client conversions, existing client projects, custom development projects, new product development launch projects, and internal initiatives).
- Delivers effective, accurate, and consistent communication to project teams, management, external clients, and vendors; leads project teams of 20 to 40 people.
- Facilitates and leads project resources through the work breakdown process to define tasks, durations, effort, and dependencies to establish a solid implementation schedule.
- Drives the project team (including client and their vendors) to deliver based on the established schedule and ensure quality standards for the project are met.
- Work with team to create project charter including: definition of project scope and deliverables; identification of project goals and milestones; development of project plans and budgets.
- Work with technology leaders to identify project resources and develop schedules.
- Assemble project team members; assign individual responsibilities; lead team meetings.
- Oversee completion of project tasks, manage conflicts within group and escalate risks/issues as needed.
- Coordinate the work of technical professionals and other staff across other functions and disciplines.
- Apply generally accepted project management methodology and enforce project standards.
- Maintain project documentation; ensure project documents are complete, current and appropriately stored.
- Prepare and disseminate project reports and communications; communicate with EIS team, project sponsors, functional area managers and/or consultants regarding status of specific tasks.
- Monitor and report on project budget.
- Lead post-mortem project reviews.
- Adhere to Agile principles and philosophies (Scrum or Kanban, as applicable) in fulfillment of the role.
- Collaborate within the direct team in accordance with Team Agreement, Definition of Ready, and Definition of Done.
- Work as a cross-functional team member in an Agile setting to help complete and deliver the team commitments.
- Collaborate across teams and across business areas in the spirit of an Agile mindset.
- Fulfill the role in the spirit of the Agile Manifesto, with emphasis on delivery of incremental value with frequent iterations and feedback loops.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- IT Project Manager
- Technical Project Manager
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.