job summary: The Sr. Manager of Commission & Sales Analytics
is part of the Sales Commission Operations function. In this position you will be responsible for partnering with business unit sales leadership on sales optimization and also with Corporate Compensation on commission plan development and processes. You will manage sales compensation plans and special incentives that drive intended sales behavior. Additionally, you will be responsible for coordinating recognition events such as annual Sales
Achiever Club. This position also manages sales performance analytics and commission expense KPIs, and is responsible for the reporting, analytics, and forecasting of sales commission expenses for the supported business channels. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in the sales process -- from lead generation, to sales training
- Demonstrated competency in sales compensation and commission structure analysis, ranging from quarterly, annual, overlay, etc.
- Excellent financial acumen and discipline around pricing management, forecasting, and compensation planning
- Ability to build relationships and to influence and collaborate across departments in order to achieve objectives
- strong verbal and written communication skills
- Superior problem solving skills, detail oriented and well-organized
- Must be able to accurately compile and synthesize both quantitative and qualitative data
- Must have strong analytics and spreadsheet skills - high level proficiency with advanced MS Excel functions
- Ability to monitor and understand all details in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to translate data into actionable decisions
- strong creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Solid project management and decision making skills
- Interpersonal skills to earn trust and advocacy within Sales and other departments
- Ability to communicate on behalf of the VP Sales in internal meetings, when necessary.
Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Marketing, Business or equivalent experience Related Work Experience Number of Years
Sales compensation/sales operations experience 7+
Senior level leadership experience 7+ PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Skills /Abilities and Knowledge
strong understanding of sales commission plans
Knowledge of sales applications and processes centered on commission systems
Knowledge of cable and telecommunications products and services Related Work Experience
Residential and business to business experience
Exposures to major financial, billing, commission systems
Telecommunications/cable industry experience WORKING CONDITIONS
location: Stamford, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8am to 4pm
responsibilities: MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Track forecasting, performance and account metrics. Provide intelligent business insights through translation of reporting and analytics.
Partner with sales leadership and Corporate Compensation to assess effectiveness of compensation strategy for various roles, products and account types.
Work with management to develop monthly and quarterly forecasts and annual budgets on sales commission and incentive expenses.
Validate audit requirements and compliance with policies.
Provide inputs on opportunities for continuous process improvements to overall commission and incentive administration and tool efficiency.
Provide input and partner with Corporate Compensation and sales channels in the design and development of commission plans and incentives.
Partner with Corporate Compensation and sales channels in the modeling of what-if scenarios and impact of prospective changes to compensation plans and incentives.
Assist Corporate Compensation in escalated commission disputes and support effective controls to ensure integrity of commissions.
Manage incentive disputes and support effective conrols to ensure integrity of incentives.
Act as the liaison across different functional groups including Corporate Compensation, HR, Sales Operations, Sales Leadership, and Internal Audit.
Build sales performance analytics and dashboard reporting for Sales Leadership to understand the ROI of the commission and incentive expenses. Provide guidance and support on the operational requirements of the commission plans to Corporate Compensation.
Lead and direct the work of reporting analyst(s) for effective business support and responsiveness.
Perform other duties as required.
- Experience level: Manager
- Education: Bachelors
- callidus (5 years of experience is required)
- SQL (4 years of experience is required)
- Alteryx (4 years of experience is required)
- Strategic Planning (5 years of experience is required)
- Data Analysis (5 years of experience is required)
- Performance Management (5 years of experience is required)
- internal audit (5 years of experience is required)
- Manager (5 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.