job summary: Technical Requirements:
- API Test experience
- Python experience
- Experience working with Selenium Grid
- Some SQL or postgres experience with the ability to query databases
- Plus if they have NoSQL database experience (MongoDB, etc.)
- Postgres knowledge
- Solid understanding of web technologies (HTTP, web services, fluent with html/css/js)
- Drupal experience is a plus
- Understand JSON
- Must be able to script and automate data testing
- Develops and performs test plans/suites/cases for complex financial platform.
- Must have a proven track record successfully delivering financial applications and have a solid sense of quality ownership.
- Experience with web application testing tools (prefer open source software such as Selenium.)
- Document and determine release readiness of products or features.
- Facilitate project problem solving and troubleshooting of quality issues. Oversee defect management.
- Create and perform test suites, scripts and cases.
- Reporting - testing progress, metrics, issues.
- Develop templates, tools, metrics and best practices to verify the system meets business and user requirements.
- Bachelor's degree MIS, computer science, engineering, financial, other technical field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4+ years Quality Assurance testing experience testing complex, critical financial applications a must
- Independently focus on multiple initiatives
- Solid test experience
- Experience in writing complex SQL queries.
- Experience working in agile environment & testing financial services web applications.
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux & Shell scripting.
- Experience using Agile toolset Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket etc.
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Our client, a rapidly growing Financial Services firm, is looking for a Junior level API Tester with a combination of Technical and Communication skills as well as a Professional business acumen.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.