Sr. Staff Reliability Engineer
Our client is looking to hire a Sr. Staff Reliability Engineer for their Sacramento location to join their team. The role's purpose is to build resilient, reliable and scalable database, web and API infrastructure. The Reliability Engineer is responsible for the availability, performance, monitoring, and incident response, among other things, of the platforms and services that the company runs and owns.
Think you got the skills? Apply!
location: SACRAMENTO, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $108,000 - 145,500 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
1. *Applies advanced level knowledge to operationalize software/systems engineering
development in a DevOps team environment and in the design of reliable, scalable, and
observable distributed systems in the Data Platforms and Infrastructure space.
2. *Leads, in a team environment, in scaling the product design architecture to support
growth in IT development while keeping our systems fast and reliable.
3. *Develops and implements methods to expand infrastructure and systems capacity
across multiple platforms.
4. *Implements monitoring and alerting tools that can keep track of both system-level and
business-level performance, and ensure that service disruptions are minimized.
5. *Ensures that everything that goes to production from software or systems engineering
complies with a set of general requirements like diagrams, runbooks, scripts or other
methods for troubleshooting and resolving service disruptions, dependencies of other
services, monitoring and logging plans, backups and possible high availability setups.
6. *Provides methods to expand the configuration and container management
infrastructure to enable rapid deployment of new services.
7. *Embraces the "Shift-Left Security" model while collaborating with security engineering
to perform security audits and assist in making recommendations/improvements to
keep IT systems secure.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Linux (8 years of experience is required)
- Windows (8 years of experience is required)
- Azure (8 years of experience is required)
- VMWARE (8 years of experience is preferred)
- SQL Server (8 years of experience is preferred)
- Oracle (8 years of experience is preferred)
- AWS (8 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.