Under limited direction, manages projects of varying size and scope for assigned IT organization. May also lead sub-teams for larger projects/programs. Projects may impact multiple functions in assigned division and typically has moderate impact on the corporation/division. Budget responsibilities are based on project requirements. Subject matter expert for processes, procedures and systems related strategies associated with the rollout to the field of any corporate initiatives. Implements activities that generally impact multiple components / processes and the work of own and possibly other units / teams / projects. Typically assigned to strategic / complex undertakings. Receives work in the form of short- and mid-term outcomes that regularly require the application of independent judgment and creativity.
location: Deerfield, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 67 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
1. strong experience with highly complex, integrated, enterprise systems 2. Comfortable with change management 3. Polished non-verbal and verbal communication style
Manage execution of business / technical projects in accordance with project scope, budget and plans. - Coordinate and/or manage the deployment of resources (e.g. people, infrastructure, financial, information). - Identify required modifications to project plans based on changed priorities, policy changes and resource constraints. - Develop resource strategies, budgets, staffing models, tools, and support plans necessary to execute the project. - Ensure compliance with standards, policies, procedures, and other requirements. - Monitor the project status and track key performance indicators. - Provide project progress reports to internal stakeholders. - Create detailed project plans. - Manage costs, budget, and schedule . - Knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools (e.g. Clarity, MS Project, SharePoint repositories, Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) if applicable); knowledge of waterfall and agile methodologies 7 to 9 years of experience
- Manages large size, complex projects to achieve key business or IT objective goals. - Creates, monitors, and updates project plan. Helps establish a work plan and assists with the staffing for projects. - Provides management and direction to cross-functional project teams, including third party partners. - Management of onshore/offshore vendor model - Accountable for managing project budget and schedule. - Reviews and provides input into the project/technical scope definition. Coordinates development and approval of the business and technical requirements documents, testing and deployment strategies. - Proactively works with project teams to identify project risks and issues. Assists with the resolution of issues/risks and escalates when appropriate. - Represents Walgreens/WBA with contractors, suppliers, business partners and other parties as required. - As problems arise, ability to deep dive into issue resolutions - Coordinates activities of project teams to ensure project progress is on schedule and within budget. Recommends and makes adjustments to the project plan and staffing. - Effectively monitors, measures, and communicates project status to project stakeholders and leadership. - When applicable to the assigned project, is able to accurately report on the progress of Agile/Scrum teams. If necessary, participates in Scrum ceremonies.
- 8+ years of project management experience - Extensive experience developing and executing against project management deliverables including charter/scope, project management plan, risk management plans, financial management, project schedule, project change control and transparent status reporting - Extensive experience in working with cross-functional teams and staff of all levels - Familiarity leading third party partner teams - Experience managing project budgets of at least $750K - strong communication, presentation and organization skills - Solid problem solving and analysis skills - strong and effective team leadership ability - Demonstrates a self-starter attitude, as well as the ability to drive a project team to successful delivery - Ability to manage multiple stakeholder expectations - Experience with multiple project management methodologies including Waterfall and Agile (Scrum) - Project management experience leading IT projects - Demonstrates a self-starter attitude, as well as the ability to drive a Project team to successful delivery - Advanced skills in Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio - PMP certification preferred. CSM or PSM certifications are also desirable. - successful candidates have a Technical background
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Project Management
- Project Management
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.