job summary: Required skills/attributes:
- 2+ years hands-on experience with designing/developing cloud technologies in MS Azure, leveraging Azure SQL Warehouse (Synapse), Azure Delta Lake, DataBricks, PySpark and Azure Data Factory.
- 2+ years development experience with Cognos, Power BI, Tableau and/or MicroStrategy.
- 4+ years of experience with relational database delivery
- 3+ years of experience in Agile Delivery
- 1+ year experience in Azure DevOps/CICD, Terraform and GitHub.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience building data intensive systems in a public, hybrid or private cloud environment
- Excellent analytical skills and proven ability to work with delivery teams to think out of box
- Communicator able to build relationships across many teams around the globe
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
location: Schaumburg, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $54.00 - 67.50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
- Collaborate with product owners, systems analysts and software engineers to deliver against an agile roadmap of analytics initiatives to support business stakeholders in a self-service environment leveraging both on-prem and MS Azure platforms.
- Design, develop, test and maintain data intensive applications including ETL, relational and non-relational data storage, APIs and big data application development
- Follow and improve on processes for continuous delivery and DevOps within your team
- Build and maintain configuration management and automation tools, deployment strategies/processes, monitoring tools.
- Experienced in Software Engineering practices like Reliability Engineering, Deployment planning, Fault Tolerant architecture, Test Automation.
- Collaborate on quality strategies that ensure our data platform is correct, resilient, scalable and secure
- Support applications throughout the SDLC from design to decommission
- Participate in defect review and triage
- Adhere to design/coding standards and constantly improve the way we build and deliver software
- Drive continuous improvement and automation of BI solutions and processes.
- Maintain the production BI products, solutions, documentation and environments to ensure optimal health, including resolving production issues and responding quickly to priority problems.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
- Power BI
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.