Our Washington DC client is seeking a PMP certified Project Manager with a financial background for a long term, contract opportunity. Candidates should have excellent communication skiills and work collaboratively with others. Experience with project management tools such as MS Project Server are highly desirable.
location: Washington, Washington, D.C.
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors to ensure timely and cost-effective execution of project tasks
- Assist project team members, Subject Matter Experts, and Sponsor with the definition of project scope and objectives by involving relevant stakeholders, identifying requirements and ensuring technical feasibility
- Work with impacted areas of the company to secure adequate resources, materials and funding
- Develop detailed project schedule with some assistance from Program Manager and/or Scheduler.
- Perform continued maintenance, updating and tracking of project schedule activities and progress reporting
- Identify and manage dependencies between departments, systems, vendors and assets
- Coordinate Assessment of changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Manage project changes through established Governance Change Control process to ensure appropriate approvals
- Identify and document project issues and risks and monitor progress of mitigation actions.
- Successfully establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external resources and key project stakeholders involved in project tasks and key critical path deliverables
- Monitor of vendor's delivery timeline and escalate of vendor related issues through the appropriate escalation process
- Develop and maintain of required project management artifacts in accordance with Project Management standards and applicable regulations
- Identify efficiencies and recommend of process improvements to reduce costs and add value.
- strong attention to detail, and coordination
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple IT work-streams, cross-departmental interfaces, complex technologies, multiple geographies, and high-value assets.
- Excellent communication skills, working collaboratively with others - inclusive of senior executives to discuss major issues and develop options and alternatives that can be leveraged to address key challenges
- Experience with project management tools such as MS Project Server (EPM)
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Project Management
- MS Project
- MS Office
- MS Project Server
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.