Diverse Segments Representation and Inclusion - Strategy and Communications Lead (Many Locations)
Diverse Segments Representation and Inclusion (DSRI) - DSRI partners with our client's business leaders on the strategy, operations, and delivery of products and solutions specifically for diverse customer segments or underserved communities. This group is an important part of our overall commitments to advance our diversity efforts internally and externally. DSRI drives accountability for leading and advancing the Company's diversity and inclusion efforts in the marketplace and workplace, with the goal of leading the financial sector in its contribution to closing the wealth gap of diverse communities.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) - DE&I commitments were established to help create a workforce that brings diversity of insights and perspectives to all levels of our company. These commitments place accountability on leaders to intentionally focus on improving diverse representation in more senior-level roles of the organization to more closely reflect our workforce and the customers and communities that we serve. Our top DE&I priority is to support our employees by bringing about meaningful change in diverse representation. The key principles of the design structure is to have centralized reporting and direction-setting that is aligned against priorities, and executives who will be held accountable for outcomes. Each LOB will be responsible for implementing and driving initiatives in a well-managed and robust control environment.
The Strategy & Communications Lead will be part of the Diverse Segments Representation and Inclusion (DSRI) Insights, Analytics, & Strategy team, reporting to the Head of DSRI Insights, Analytics, & Strategy. This team conducts customer and employee analysis to develop insight into the specific behavior, preferences, and needs of diverse segments both internally and externally; it tracks key KPIs and trends over time to measure the effectiveness of DSRI strategies and offers recommendations into how they can be developed/modified to drive acquisition, retention, satisfaction, and overall growth among our underrepresented groups.
This critical Strategy & Communications role will coordinate internally with the team's analysts, researchers, and strategists, across DSRI functional teams (PMO, External Partnerships), and with other stakeholders (HR, DSRI lines of business) to pull together a cohesive view into DSRI performance across diverse employee and customer segments and various internal and external DSRI initiatives, with an eye toward refining our DSRI strategy.
As an essential team leader, you'll contribute meaningful input into our client's internal DSRI transformation, while also playing a valuable role in telling the story of that transformation to senior executive stakeholders, including the Operating Committee, Board of Directors, external regulators and the public. Because of where it sits within DSRI, there's an understanding analytics will feature prominently in how progress is communicated and in using data to recommend new programs/products/services that make our DSRI efforts more effective. A successful candidate will be a master communicator who maintains a strategic, big-picture mindset while being fluent with data, and of course, exhibiting a passion for DSRI and doing social good.
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $135,000 - 230,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Partner with executive leadership to define diversity strategies and execute on diversity driven business initiatives
- Provide actionable insights into diverse employee and customer segments through data analytics and industry benchmarking for use in enterprise-wide strategies
- Create regular presentations for the Operating Committee, Board of Directors, and external regulators that cohesively and artfully communicate DSRI status, updates on key business plans, and performance against strategic objectives; help direct where Our client's will focus on its DSRI journey
- Collaborate with other DSRI stakeholders to aggregate performance metrics across external and internal DSRI initiatives to tell a compelling data story and craft/drive strategies that result in positive outcomes for diverse segments
- Help create frameworks, scorecards, and dashboards for evaluating the effectiveness of key DSRI initiatives and strategies underway on both an ad hoc and production basis
- Advance understanding of diverse customer and employee segments by partnering with internal analysts and researchers on key projects and directing new quantitative and qualitative analytical efforts
- Incorporate competitive research and diverse segment benchmarking of primary competitors and other companies outside of Financial Services for a robust perspective on Our client's performance
- Troubleshoot and problem solve where Our client's may have additional opportunity to refine and adjust its DSRI objectives and initiatives based on underperforming data indicators
- Connect DSRI into Our client's overarching business objectives and collaborate across the enterprise to drive change
- Implement controls and processes to ensure adherence to relevant risk management, legal and compliance expectations and requirements
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 13 years of experience
- Education: Masters (required)
- Public Relations
- Vendor Relations
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.