We are currently seeking a contract EDI Business Solutions Specialist for the Houston, TX area. An ideal candidate will be responsible for the development/delivery of information technology application and configuration solutions as they relate to the business functions the Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Competency Center supports. You should have experience with Business Processes, Project and Portfolio Management, solution delivery skills, strong attention to detail, and a proven ability to influence and collaborate across peers. You will participate in the analysis and development of automated processes for the Competency Center. Requirements:
- 2-4 years EDI experience
- EDI ANSI mapping experience
- Freight Management EDI experience
- EDI Developer using Sterling Integrator (SI)
- API Integration experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $1.00 - 64.50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Perform tasks for the EDI solution project/portfolio management-oriented work efforts and assignments, ensures that goals and objectives are met within time, scope and resource requirements.
- Has an understanding of the business processes and flows to enable the analysis of business requirements and the development of solutions/timelines for projects.
- Applies standard IT methods, knowledge and client standards and practices to tasks and situations; contributes to overall work effort by defining project requirements, performing feasibility and needs/impact assessments, completing project specifications.
- Responds to unfamiliar, undefined, unexpected, or unstable situations with the professionally prescribed standard response.
- Uses standard analytical tools and rules to determine root cause and resolve the broad range of application problems.
- Writes functional requirements, develops test plans, and works with production issues; Follows project and software development methodologies and processes and may assist in aligning the process with project needs
- May be involved in the installation and tuning of modifications, as well as archiving data. Generally, this position has light programming skills in the appropriate language to develop necessary "work arounds."
- Understands compliance and regulatory rules, ensures compliance as directed by manager.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of the fundamental tools and concepts of one of the information technology Teams; Applies that understanding to make independent practical contributions to moderately complex IT work within a particular client department or function
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Business Analysis
- Data mapping
- System Analyst
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.