Sr. Microsoft Cloud and Network Engineer
Our client in the Western Suburbs of Chicago is looking to add a hands-on Microsoft Networking and Cloud Engineer to their IT Team. This role is 100% remote with Monthly/Quarterly travel to the western suburbs of Chicago. This role is looking to hire someone as soon as possible and would be open to a flexible Contract or Contract-to-Hire model if the candidate needs this. The goal is a full time, permanent hire.
location: Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $140,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- 4-5 Years of Windows network experience
- 3-4 years of hands-on Azure Infrastructure building & design
- Azure Security Experience. (Ex: Azure Advanced Threat Protection, Phishing Reports, Firewalls, Sonic Wall)
- Disaster Recovery
- VPN / WVP (virtual work environment solutions)
- AWS Cloud (in the environment but mostly everything is Azure)
- IT Audit Experience
- Microsoft Teams
- Strategize around business requirements and leverage internal groups and work together to create the solution
- Lead the architecture and guide the team through the development lifecycle
- Implement best practices where it is necessary to ensure quality, cost and delivery is in line with business requirements.
- Stay current with new technology trends.
- You will be hands-on with analysis, code review, and designing Cloud Infrastructure. Own the Azure Cloud environment.
- Be strategic and understand the short-term and long-term goals of the business
- Challenge best practices currently in the environment where you see fit. Partner with cross-functional groups to understand where the pain points are. Inspire confidence and report with peers.
- Partner with Security personnel to generate reports for auditing.
- Day-to-day responsibilities include; Building new infrastructure in the Azure Environment, Maintaining the Existing Environment, and Security Monitoring.
- We are looking to hire a motivated individual to come in and do the research and bring innovative ideas that help to achieve the common goals of the team and the company.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Associates
- Network Engineer (4 years of experience is required)
- Network Design
- Cloud (3 years of experience is required)
- Azure Cloud
- VPN (2 years of experience is required)
- Cloud Security (3 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.