The Information Security IAM Operational Manager possesses in-depth knowledge and experience leading a team of Information Security Administrators and Analysts in support of an Enterprise Identity and Access Management program. This person is an effective leader who gathers and translates business requirements into optimized processes, controls, metrics, and reporting in order to drive continuous improvement and process excellence. This manager is responsible for ensuring that the team operates effectively, focusing on the "right work" in the "right way" while delivering measurable and impactful results to the business. The manager should also have experience with driving process transformation, in order to align people, process, and technology in support of re-envisioned Identity Governance and Administration (IGA) organization. This may include leading customer / business facing engagements to ensure that needs are understood and translated into appropriate actions for the new IGA program. This leader should have experience with Identity & Access Management automation, enterprise solutions and business process engineering as it relates to workforce identity management. This leader will be an advocate for our processes both internally and with external business units, taking every opportunity to teach and set expectations. He / She will evaluate and consider risks of changes to the IAM environment and effectively communicates across a wide variety of constituents.
location: BOSTON, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 65 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
responsibilities: Key Accountabilities:
1. Operational Management
- Remains current with current IAM operations, technology, and business requirements to better align delivery and/or to fill gaps or enhance service.
- Participates in the issue resolution process for applicable identity and access management-related production problems, escalate issues as appropriate.
- Act as first line of defense regarding reasonableness of incoming request.
- Support IAM development initiatives by leading the creation of basic use cases and specification gathering.
- Determine and set operational and development priorities for this team.
- Possess a basic understanding of scripting approaches and techniques as it relates to programmatically interacting with digital ID repositories.
- Be an evangelist for security / controls by design and have the data analytic skills and drive to capture, analyze, share and make decisions based on the story it tells.
2. Strategy and Planning
- Leads project initiative acceptance and prioritization of efforts.
- Conducts research to determine if existing application assets, services definitions, and/or requirements can be reused; Uses standards as much as possible.
- Provides leadership in the implementation, and support of technology applications.
- Designs creative approaches to business needs and lead the team to successful implementation.
1. Adaptability and Growth
- Challenges the status quo and acts as a change agent.
- Demonstrates ability to adjust priorities and adapt approach to changes in environment
- Demonstrates ability to follow through on multiple tasks or issues
2. Metrics-Based Management Style 3. Analyzing Needs and Proposing Solutions
- Takes immediate action when confronted with a problem or when made aware of a situation
- When proposing solutions works with supervision to evaluate options by considering the implications, risks, feasibility, and consequences.
4. Fostering Teamwork and Collaboration
- Demonstrate ability to appropriately involve others in decisions and plans that affect them
- Enhances others' ideas, adds own ideas to the question at hand, and gains clarity about own thinking
- Mirror desired behavior
5. Building Trust
- Share own thoughts, perspective, and rationale so that others understand positions and policies
- Effective advocate for IAM processes and for producing services that best serve our environment and customers.
6. Communicating Effectively
- Begins to facilitate dialogue
- Able to elicit information from others through effective communication; summarize others' point of view
- Developing skills to adapt communication style, delivery method and message context to meet the needs of the audience
- Tell the story based on data captured
7. Influencing and Negotiating
- Able to understand and communicate multiple perspectives or others.
- Recognizes and understands objections and with guidance, develops approaches to respond appropriately
- Develop relationships
8. Acting with Urgency
- Shows tendency to take actions that go beyond requirements to achieve objectives
- Efficiently plans and performs work in accordance with expectations
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments
- Begins to identify obstacles and with guidance overcomes barriers
- Leads, guides, mentors and motivates a team of Information Security professionals.
- Acts with confidence, technical competence and accountability
- Is metrics driven and delivery focused.
10. Customer Focus
Experience and Education:
- Act as a liaison with other business areas to assist them in the data definitions required for successful project implementation
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key external and internal customers
- BA or BS degree in systems, IT technical, business, or related degree preferred; and/or equivalent experience
- Requires minimum 5+ years IT security technology related experience
- Leadership role in an enterprise Digital Identity Management Service a must
- Sailpoint / Octa / IBM Security Identity Manager (ISIM) / IBM Security Access Manager (ISAM) and experience a plus
- Scripting, development or relational data management experience a plus
- 5+ years of production support business processing, analyst, or vendor management experience
- Specific knowledge and expertise with IT security technology products, technology planning, implementation and/or production support is preferred.
- Project management experience a plus
- Standard security certification (CISSP, CISM, GIAC, CISA, etc.) a plus
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
- Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- IT Security
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.